Recruiting Football Talk VII

Status
Not open for further replies.
For those that need it

JANUARY 2024

January 19, 2024: The challenges of these days for you are not to gain victory over the enemy as much as to recognize when you step out ahead of Me in presumption or take steps as a result of your own logic and personal bias. You must quiet your flesh and allow spiritual discernment to lead. Do nothing in your own strength and understanding, says the Lord. Psalm 28:7 The Lord is my strength and my shield; my heart trusted in Him, and I am helped; therefore my heart greatly rejoices, and with my song I will praise Him.

Conspiracy theory time! The internet rumor supposedly from Bama insiders, suggests Sayin wanted to stay but was encouraged away by Deboer and Grubbs? It would make (very little) sense if they’re making a play for a 2025 QB and rolling with Will Rogers this season. Crazy, but more tempting for that player with a clear slate to early playing time.
LOL so they are saying the new staff ran off the 1# player in the country amid the roster already falling apart. Lordy mercy.

This does show me the importance of having a succession plan.

If you build around 1 coach it isn’t sustainable when they leave.

I honestly didn’t expect it to be this bad. 😂
I kind of expected the brand to carry them, to be honest. I didn't expect them to continue the Saban-esque success, but I expected the brand to retain the talent and the fall-off to be mostly coaching-related. But this is glorious.

THE guy who made me a Bears fan! Then I read Gale Sayers autobiography in elementary school. He was the forerunner of Barry Sanders (with a similar Kansas background to boot) a weapon as a receiver…and a victim of medieval 60’s medicine when it applied to knee injuries. Walter wasn’t as naturally physically gifted as either but built himself into a force back when physical training wasn’t streamlined.
Walter could do it all. One of the best pass catchers out of the backfield, too...in a time, that wasn't really a thing. That went with his training you talked about...he turned himself into a great receiver, something he really wasn't whenever he broke into the league; but, he worked and worked at it, and whenever he retired, was the all time leader in all purpose yards.

His tenacity, his beastness is unmatched.

Dan Lanning not taking the job at Alabama was the best for everyone..

I don't believe these recruits and players would be leaving like a raging wildfire if Lanning had taken the job..

These players were recruited by Lanning at Oregon they were familiar with him..
How many knew who the hell DeBoer was.?

They'd still be there for Lanning because he knows how to re-recruit a roster as well.

I don't think they'd be experiencing this exodus with Lanning, Sark, Kiffin, Norvell. I don't think it would have happened with Dabo either, though I don't think he would have been a great hire in the long-term.

Dan Lanning not taking the job at Alabama was the best for everyone..

I don't believe these recruits and players would be leaving like a raging wildfire if Lanning had taken the job..

These players were recruited by Lanning at Oregon they were familiar with him..
How many knew who the hell DeBoer was.?

He was the guy that’s 3-0 vs Lanning with a less talented roster and played for a NC.

They’d be leaving with Lanning hire as well. Otherwise why wouldn’t they all be transferring to Oregon?

Those guys signed up to play for Saban.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back