Recruiting Football Talk VII

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why is #9 Marquette a dog to unranked Villanova? Injuries maybe?

Edit: there are a few ranked dogs to unranked teams tonight, also #15 Texas Tech is an underdog to #25 TCU.
Home cooking has never been so obvious...I have never seen so many unranked teams beating top 10 teams at home as they are year.

There was national outcry when Nico committed and the NIL amount was mentioned. Yet when Arch came in at a higher number from Texas there nothing said. I'm really not sure why the NCAA has a vendetta but these other schools need to realize if they are successful in this they will be next. NCAA needs to kick rocks.
Yep. Danny has connections. Needs to get some more of the ADs in the boat and hammer them together. We just drew the short straw to be first. **** the NCAA.

Yep. Danny has connections. Needs to get some more of the ADs in the boat and hammer them together. We just drew the short straw to be first. **** the NCAA.
I still think the states need to deal with this before the Universities get involved. All these states passed NIL laws; well, they’re being openly challenged by the people that they’re supposed to restrict. Just gonna let that happen?

Finebaum saying Nytimes released an article on TN also. Says he thinks it was leaked to them by the NCAA and that they are grasping for some sense of control and we just happen to be the school they chose.

I think Donde has drawn a line in the sand. It really is going to be an us vs them situation.
Well the f***ed up

This is BS and I hope Plowman and White own these a-holes. That being said, I think we all need to be prepared for what’s most likely going to be the short term response from the NCAA: Nico is ineligible to play pending an investigation. And if that happens, it’s time for the SEC to get involved. Absolutely ridiculous.
How many lawyers you think would be in line to sue the NCAA if they try to punish any student athlete over NIL. The NCAA knows better than to try and punish the player. The may try to punish a coach or booster.. but that would probably end up in court also.

Pat Forde on Finnebaum show after break to talk about Allegations vs Tennessee..🫤

Hating on Tennessee seems to be big business. It doesn’t appear that we’re going to take it this time though I’d rather us just not have to deal with it in the first place. Seems more like a witch hunt to keep us down.

How many lawyers you think would be in line to sue the NCAA if they try to punish any student athlete over NIL. The NCAA knows better than to try and punish the player. The may try to punish a coach or booster.. but that would probably end up in court also.
The article by NYT specifically says “TN officials are worried it could result in postseason ban or disqualifying players”.

There’s no way to spin this as a positive considering we never do the LSU or UNC thing. We will bend over again and lose everything before we ever give the NCAA the finger.

This…plus according to Donde nobody broke any rules

There’s no way to spin this as a positive considering we never do the LSU or UNC thing. We will bend over again and lose everything before we ever give the NCAA the finger.
You’re wrong. This time they are giving them the finger and everyone close to the situation is saying the will take them to the Supreme Court before we roll over and admit we are wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back