Recruiting Football Talk VII

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unless, and I’m just playing devils advocate here I’m not saying I agree with this, someone on Tennessee’s staff was directly in contact with Spyre. If that’s the case, then, maybe that’s what the NCAA is looking into.
Are you really?...just playing devils advocate? First you say you trust the NYT...and now this...I'm about to call 🦬💩 on you 😡

It’s such an unwinnable situation for them that I’ve become convinced they’re just doing it to let it hang over our heads for a couple of years.
It is immediately a huge blow to recruiting. Last round the SEC pretended to be going to bat for us (but exclusively with respect to the bowl ban). But they dragged it out, and the entire time our rivals (and perhaps Birmingham) were back channeling the NCAA with "serious concerns" that our punishment wasn't going to be harsh enough. All the while, our rivals were negative recruiting our prospects with "serious concerns" that the penalties might be so bad that it would be a huge mistake to go to Tennessee. They are running back now, even as we speak.

Saban really wanted Nico. Saban really wanted GMac.

Are you really?...just playing devils advocate? First you say you trust the NYT...and now this...I'm about to call 🦬💩 on you 😡
That’s a bison, not a bull. I believe you meant to use this emoji: 🐂. Maybe lay off the sour mash and stick with water for a few days. Based on your posting trend lately, you gotta detox. I may also recommend CBD, it may help mellow you out. Sorry you’re triggered by someone saying they trust the NYT over a schmuck like Pat Forde.

Edit: you also misspelled Ulysses E. McGill. If you’re going to attempt to play the Soggy Bottom Boys fanboy, at least get it right.

That’s a bison, not a bull. I believe you meant to use this emoji: 🐂. Maybe lay off the sour mash and stick with water for a few days. Based on your posting trend lately, you gotta detox. I may also recommend CBD, it may help mellow you out. Sorry you’re triggered by someone saying they trust the NYT over a schmuck like Pat Forde.

Edit: you also misspelled Ulysses E. McGill. If you’re going to attempt to play the Soggy Bottom Boys fanboy, at least get it right.
You messing with the wrong person

What I hate about this NCAA mess is that it seems to takes us Months/years to go thru investigations hence, having a negative impact on our recruiting. Others seem to go much quicker.
I just dont buy it. Spyre, Plowman, DW, Randy. Seem too on top of things.

LSU, Barn, Florida back at it.

Meanwhile a team who spent millions to CYA, Collective who prides itself as rhe benchmark, committed serious infractions to sign a top 15 class??? BS.

So I assume the NCAA is still fully pursuing FL St, FL, the entire Michigan cheating scandal with enormous proof top to bottom, players interviewed and saying they were contacted by a team during the season about transferring, players saying that teams contacted them about money if they'd go into the portal... you can go on and on... by next week this will be an after thought... NCAA hasn't got 'ish ...

Yup.
Teams with a rim protector will beat us.
Face guard us at the 3 line and have your big meet DK at the rim. We really need someone else that can step up and beat their guy off the dribble and finish at the rim.

I’m not as worried this year because Z and vescovi are veterans who have had to be the guy so if needed I feel like they could be those guys

I do think the team is still too inconsistent. Lots of basketball left but a lot of silly mistakes in that first half -- missed layups, lazy turnovers, etc.

Let's Go Vols.
SC is a tough team. They cannot continue to play sloppy. No excuse to lose to this team. It’s at home and we are supposedly 14 point favorites.

Reactions: GoBigOrange86
What I hate about this NCAA mess is that it seems to takes us Months/years to go thru investigations hence, having a negative impact on our recruiting. Others seem to go much quicker.
Yeah, if we’re planning on fighting this aggressively, our leadership is going to have to figure out a way to resolve things quickly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back