Recruiting Football Talk VII

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think would be a mistake. At least Pope and Abeln played the position they coached and was already in that position group so you can see the connection. Halzle was a QB coach so moving to OC make sense. Thurmond is a defensive guy and a 1st year OA. My guess would be someone outside. And like everyone else mentioned, an ace recruiter would be preferred.
Hope so. His name just keeps coming up.

I don’t know that it’s necessary, but having a generationally good qb certainly gives you an advantage.
Three SB losses that Shanahan was involved in, he had a substantial lead that a game managing QB doesn’t overcome. It not only CAN be as simple as having Ryan/Garrapalo and Purdy had ADVANTAGES negated by another level of quarterback. A great HC can coach the hell out of the next level down and it’s still an upwards hill.

latest

I remember Waller. The fastest I've ever seen in Tennessee (in high school) was Ramon Clay from Hunters Lane, but he had a hip injury his sophomore year and never played football again. He decided to just run track and was one of the greatest sprinters in TN high school history.
There was a kid that played with Alcoa back in 2000. James Rainer. Ran a 10.5 in the 100 meter. Decent football player too.

Stephen Woods from Cleveland was super fast on the field. Not sure what his 100 time was.

Ronya Quick of Fulton was grease lightening as well.

Waller also played at Hunter Lane, like Clay.

Reactions: bigl3327
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back