Recruiting Football Talk VII

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sure would like an injunction now, though! Seems 100% just.

---
Who would have standing to go after the corrupt double standard? It amounts to fixing outcomes. The school?

It is asinine to think (or rather to baldly lie that one thinks) that other teams aren't discussing NIL before signing, as the NCAA implies by its actions and inactions. It is asinine to go after anyone using ex post facto rules tailored for a specific case and a presumption of guilt that violates a major premise of American jurisprudence. It is asinine to not investigate every team in the land on the same grounds as us, if the NCAA wants to investigate. It is asinine to think that a recruit doesn't need to speak to an NIL organization about opportunities before hiring.
I would too, but apparently the hearing was only 70 minutes. I just don’t know what the AGs could have done in that time to change the judge’s mind on irreparable harm.

Thankfully, that won’t be an issue for the ultimate decision on the case. And to what @Orange_Crush alluded, I’m hoping the language of the judge’s decision today will make the NCAA stand down on going forward with enforcement.

I still think a preliminary inunction gets denied. But hopefully, a strong enough statement on how little of a shot the NCAA has of ultimately prevailing makes them back off issuing an NOA.

Tennessee AG didn’t sound confident. Just kept saying generally, “either way we’ll keep fighting”.

I’m not an attorney, but I can see this judge ruling one of two ways. Since there’s no immediate specific monetary damages cited, I can see him not issuing the restraining order and allowing this to play out in court, but the warning given to the NCAA will in effect act as one. I can also see the judge being pissed off at the NCAA’s incompetence and poor responses, and he issues the restraining order since the NCAA doesn’t seem to know the rules or what they are attempting to enforce.

Can you start monday at 9am?

Sure. See ya then.

(Monday 9am) No one home, no answer to the 7 phone calls made from 9am-11am.

(Monday 2pm) Sorry I missed ya, can yall come on out and start?

No, how about tomorrow at 9am?

Perfect!

(Tuesday 9am) no one home, No answer to calls.

(Tuesday 10.15am) Cry on Volnation about it.
. . .

Don't do your contractor this way folks, 😂
Have @Sally send a terminator to their home to rough up their cars and see if they change their tune.

This Week in GIFs: Iowa State Cyclones Obliterate Kansas State - Wide Right  & Natty Lite

So the NCAA's current position is that when Ewers left high school a year early to take a reported $1.6 million dollar deal to play at Ohio State, neither Ewers nor anyone in Ewers' camp knew anything about the deal until after signing day. Ewers just signed in complete ignorance, and then got an unexpected surprise out of the blue after he was already locked in for a year? Yeah, right.

"If the injunction is denied, the NCAA could be emboldened by the small victory and continue its investigation with vigor, or it could see the writing on the wall and abandon the probe. After all, Corker previously said that NIL rules likely violate antitrust laws."

Last edited:

Sage advice.

Also, that second thing you posted is very interesting. I didn’t think the states would bring UT’s specific situation into this. That might end up being a winning play. I don’t think it was mentioned in their initial pleadings.

Judges don’t have those.
Lawyers do, and judges were lawyers. It's definitely a fraternity.

But that aside. It's a lawyer joke. Doesn't have to be too literal. For instance:

What's the difference between a lawyer and a catfish?

One is a scum sucking bottom dweller, and the other one is a fish.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back