Recruiting Football Talk VII

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't blame him a bit for being pissed. The coaches took him out of the game when they were in the red zone, and on the next play the RB fumbled the ball. He was saying something like "Don't take me out of the game!"
It is not what he said, it's not that he was upset...it's the fact that he nearly knocked Andy down while raging like a f'n dumbass...and then showed zero remorse or care that he did.

His fame has helped it become a really big deal.

I think him bumping him wasn't okay, but guys being intense is normal and sometimes there are consequences to that. Any holier than thou sentiments be damned. Nothing more barf inducing than people being sanctimonious.
There is something way more barf inducing to me...people being morally bankrupt.

It is not what he said, it's not that he was upset...it's the fact that he nearly knocked Andy down while raging like a f'n dumbass...and then showed zero remorse or care that he did.
Whaaat?!? You don't think a young guy wearing armor should be slamming into a senior citizen? No doubt the old boomer had it coming.

The NCAA] attorney had a hard time distinguishing the difference between a recruit negotiating an NIL offer, which is not allowed by the NCAA, while at the same time engaging in conversations with collectives about their NIL market value.
A previous article mentioned this (also almost no detail) as "negotiating" vs "discussing." [italics added]

The only thing new here afaik is this:
"...the judge made it a point to talk about players [recruits] being able to use their leverage when it comes to what NIL opportunities are available.

"They are not being able to use their leverage before signing?," Judge Corker asked the NCAA attorney. While at the same time noting that it sounds as if a player would suffer some type of harm if they were left in the dark regarding NIL opportunities.

"We don't think there is much[!] harm. Student athletes have ways to compare values of where they should attend schools," NCAA attorney noted about websites that post valuations on current prospects. [italics added]
The only such websites I am aware of are generally derided by people who follow recruiting as "worthless," and when something appears maybe to be plausible it also appears to have used a figure leaked from negotiations.

There is something way more barf inducing to me...people being morally bankrupt.
Getting angry and accidentally bumping your coach isn't being morally bankrupt, especially when he apologized right after and they are friends.

But if you mean people who are truly morally bankrupt, like murderers, rapists and pedo's then duh.

Last edited:
I don't know why that wouldn't be enough time. The judge's response to the TRO was, what, a couple pages? Not sure why they would need to stretch a discussion over a 2-3 page document over 3 hours.

I believe the judge previously said he needed more evidence of the “irreparable harm” being caused. So it seems the onus was on the states to prove the harm. Well done if they did it in about an hour. Maybe Heup’s letter did the trick. That’s my total ignorant opinion from 1,000 miles away.

A previous article mentioned this (also almost no detail) as "negotiating" vs "discussing." [italics added]

The only thing new here afaik is this:

The only such websites I am aware of are generally derided by people who follow recruiting as "worthless," and when something appears maybe to be plausible it also appears to have used a figure leaked from negotiations.
This alone is such a self incriminating statement. By acknowledging that these websites not only exist but are also, in their opinion, credible (key word here) shows that there is already a market in place for Collectives being involved in the recruiting process and they’ve never had a problem with it until this very moment.

His fame has helped it become a really big deal.

I think him bumping him wasn't okay, but guys being intense is normal and sometimes there are consequences to that. Any holier than thou sentiments be damned. Nothing more barf inducing than people being sanctimonious.
Has to be holier than thou and sanctimonious?

Can’t be having morals, self discipline, self respect, and respect for others?

Nothing more barf inducing than people defending all bad behaviors

This alone is such a self incriminating statement. By acknowledging that these websites not only exist but are also, in their opinion, credible (key word here) shows that there is already a market in place for Collectives being involved in the recruiting process and they’ve never had a problem with it until this very moment.
I love that once the NCAA gets into court, all the kayfabe that they demand everyone in the sport pay lip service to suddenly evaporates.

Has to be holier than thou and sanctimonious?

Can’t be having morals, self discipline, self respect, and respect for others?

Nothing more barf inducing than people defending all bad behaviors
Wow it's almost like I DIDNT DEFEND IT

Just called it not that big of a deal WHICH IT ISNT unless you want to pearl clutch. Him freaking out and bumping him doesn't mean he's a bad person. Context and perspective exists. It's just easier for people give themselves a pat on the back because they're so perfect.

What about all the horrible things coaches and players have said to each other in the history of football? This one stands out because he accidentally bumped him??? Get freaking real people.

What about the fact that he apologized to Reid and Reid is cool about it? It's clearly NOT a big deal if the two people involved are less upset about it than Joe Schmo.

The delay is not surprising because of the widespread impact of this case. If the injunction is granted, other states benefit. If the judge limits injunctive relief to TN and VA, other states likely will rush to file similar suits. The NCAA will be papered. It will bury them.

The delay can be viewed as favorable: 1) it gives the judge more time to consider the arguments and find the sufficiency of evidence to grant an injunction or 2) it gives the judge more time to include language that will convince the NCAA to stand down and not issue an NOA to UT. This could either stall the investigation indefinitely or open discussions on minor violations that would not carry harsh sanctions for UT. Strong language could prevent or mitigate harmful action without a court order.

The delay is not surprising because of the widespread impact of this case. If the injunction is granted, other states benefit. If the judge limits injunctive relief to TN and VA, other states likely will rush to file similar suits. The NCAA will be papered. It will bury them.

The delay can be viewed as favorable: 1) it gives the judge more time to consider the arguments and find the sufficiency of evidence to grant an injunction or 2) it gives the judge more time to include language that will convince the NCAA to stand down and not issue an NOA to UT. This could either stall the investigation indefinitely or open discussions on minor violations that would not carry harsh sanctions for UT. Strong language could prevent or mitigate harmful action without a court order.
CARSON BECKS LAMBORGHINI

What would you say is the timeline on a trial and decision on the merits?

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back