Recruiting Football Talk VII

Status
Not open for further replies.

BLAKE BURKE, TENNESSEE​

11807703.jpg
(Photo: Brianna Paciorka, Knoxville News Sentinel)
Position: First base
2023 stats: .280 BA, .369 OBP, 16 home runs, 43 RBI
Widely tipped as a breakout All-American ahead of last season after a strong freshman campaign in 2022, Burke didn't make the leap that many expected. But the potential is still there, and Burke will be expected to step into more of a leadership role this spring.
That immense power at the plate — Burke has hit some truly towering home runs during his time with the Volunteers — hasn't gone anywhere. Burke posted an OPS of 1.29 in 2022, and the feeling here is that he gets back to that level of production, but this time as an everyday starter and a key cog in the middle of Tennessee's lineup. That should be good for All-SEC honors, and Burke will be one of the best players on a CWS contender. Thus, he earns a spot on this list.

Not mentioned in the article, but Burke's defense has really improved as well.

(Chase Burns is also on the list.)

Maybe you guys that hate Taylor for no reason will take this in -

Taylor Swift has donated an incredible $100,000 to the family of Lisa Lopez-Galvan - the beloved mom who tragically lost her life as a result of the Super Bowl parade shooting.
It's a good gesture, but no. She can still go away.

#2 Lady Vols softball schedule for this weekend (EST):
Today -
#9 Stanford 3pm ESPN2
#3 Texas 6pm LHN
Tomorrow -
Georgia Tech 12pm ESPN+
#20 UCLA 4pm ESPNU
Sunday -
#5 Florida State 8pm ESPN
Karen should know exactly what she has after this weekend. Sheesh, what a test of games early on.

Happy Friday.

February 16, 2024: You may feel like you are in a state of limbo. That is because you are uncertain about what your next steps should be. But, I tell you honestly, that you must not worry about the future. Do the best you can with today as you take one moment at a time. I hold your future in My hands, says the Lord. Believe it and receive it. Matthew 6:34 Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about its own things. Sufficient for the day is its own trouble.
Verse 33 is critical in being able to accomplish the task in verse 34.

Taylor Swift has donated an incredible $100,000 to the family of Lisa Lopez-Galvan - the beloved mom who tragically lost her life as a result of the Super Bowl parade shooting.
She seems like a decent person….. doesn’t change the fact that it annoys me that i can’t avoid her likenI use to be too.

It's as simple as posting it as done...your "Boom roasted" thing. Let's revisit your SPINNING on Heupel's hire, someday. As Lord Tony decrees, thus thou 🤮on here. Grand Master REALIST Jack Burton indeed.

My REALISM has always centered on giving the hire a balanced chance to PROVE one way or the other. None of "I always knew..." shizz. Cuz none of you did. So I got to celebrate a win against a vastly more talented SC squad in Butch's first season and still see he wasn't the guy in the uninspired, pitiful "win" against UMass in what proved his final season. It allowed me to see the potential growth when Pruitt got our first win against a SECW team (Auburn) in many a moon and openly campaign for him to be gone by the clueless gameplan against Arkansas well before the illegal stuff that sealed his firing in HIS last season. All the while, you and your yipping ilk moaned and gloomed and downplayed and wth you do when puppies aren't available to be thrown over a bridge. For what? YOU affected nothing! Reality happened on it's own timeline. What makes you glorified FFers gravitate towards this forum is the FUN we have with the unknown. This recruit under that coach with this system...could lead to something great and lasting. If it doesn't? You reset It's the spirit of real Vols fans dating back to the 60's when General Neyland departed this mortal coil. No sure thing...fun's in the journey. And your intenerary isn't doomed for eternity in a two-three year window. Diehard FFers can't relate. Need it NOW like it was FOREVER or NEVER AGAIN.

ROAST DN

I make a light hearted joke and you’re about to have an aneurysm. This is a sports discussion forum that you might take a bit too seriously.

BLAKE BURKE, TENNESSEE​

11807703.jpg
(Photo: Brianna Paciorka, Knoxville News Sentinel)
Position: First base
2023 stats: .280 BA, .369 OBP, 16 home runs, 43 RBI
Widely tipped as a breakout All-American ahead of last season after a strong freshman campaign in 2022, Burke didn't make the leap that many expected. But the potential is still there, and Burke will be expected to step into more of a leadership role this spring.
That immense power at the plate — Burke has hit some truly towering home runs during his time with the Volunteers — hasn't gone anywhere. Burke posted an OPS of 1.29 in 2022, and the feeling here is that he gets back to that level of production, but this time as an everyday starter and a key cog in the middle of Tennessee's lineup. That should be good for All-SEC honors, and Burke will be one of the best players on a CWS contender. Thus, he earns a spot on this list.

Not mentioned in the article, but Burke's defense has really improved as well.

(Chase Burns is also on the list.)
A.J. Russell must be very impressive as a pitcher by getting opening day start over Drew Beam who is a Stud pitcher.

The fact that we know about it takes some of the shine off, tho.

We lost more players than I thought from the baseball team (I guess graduation & transfers.) Who are we expecting to step up and have a big year? Do we have several new players this year?
Dylan Dreiling and Kavares Tears are good players that's going to get more time this season.

Still have Blake Burke at 1st base and Christian Moore at 2nd .

Lots of talented Freshmen especially at SS and pitching going to be a terrific season.

Omaha Bound.

Dylan Dreiling and Kavares Tears are good players that's going to get more time this season.

Lots of talented Freshmen especially at SS and pitching going to be a terrific season.

Omaha Bound.
I tried to find out who all is gone from last season. I cant remember, but I heard them talking on the radio. I remember hearing 3-4 familiar names that we're good. I think Burns, Beam maybe, and a couple others.

Edit: not Beam, I Guess he's here. Cant remember who it was, but was a popular guy.

Edit 2: 😂 maybe I heard them wrong, cant find a list of who left after 23. . . but seems like we have several new guys that could make some noise.

This is a pretty (not John Adams) article:

Is there a big difference for in-game performance in the different models? I mean, will the game play and graphics be the same on all versions/brands, outside of supporting 4k video? . . not that any of that really matters, since it's been so long since I've played any games, it'll probably look like magic to me, 😂. Really, the last time I played was probably Fallout Vegas.

I think they are all pretty similar but I'm far from an expert on them. Seems the series X may have better specs than the S but I don't know how that translates to it looking or playing better and I don't know anything about the PS5. I honestly don't play them at all but my kiddos do daily and they are happy with them.

Edit: Biggest factor in the decision for my kids was price. The S is $200 cheaper!

Last edited:

Omaha Bound.
We've got position depth this year. Gonna be younger, but for me, I'm most excited to see Amick and Peebles....especially Peebles. Given how we've been forced to handle catching, it's going to be great having a legit guy behind the plate. No offense to Stark, he'll play a good bit no doubt, but Peebles give us something extra at the position now. I think positionally we'll be very good. Gonna have pop up and down the lineup this year I suspect. My curiosity surrounds the pitching...especially for Sunday. I know what we see this weekend will probably change over most of the early season. Gonna be interesting to see how it all shakes out. Snead really intrigues me.

I tried to find out who all is gone from last season. I cant remember, but I heard them talking on the radio. I remember hearing 3-4 familiar names that we're good. I think Burns, Beam maybe, and a couple others.
Beam still here pitches tomorrow.
The SS from last season went pro and Zane Denton isn't going to play this season it seems. Couple of good relievers graduated and moved on also.

We've got position depth this year. Gonna be younger, but for me, I'm most excited to see Amick and Peebles....especially Peebles. Given how we've been forced to handle catching, it's going to be great having a legit guy behind the plate. No offense to Stark, he'll play a good bit no doubt, but Peebles give us something extra at the position now. I think positionally we'll be very good. Gonna have pop up and down the lineup this year I suspect. My curiosity surrounds the pitching...especially for Sunday. I know what we see this weekend will probably change over most of the early season. Gonna be interesting to see how it all shakes out. Snead really intrigues me.
Peebles at catcher is a vast improvement.

That's nice. I hate to sound cynical but it's also .01% of her wealth and a tax write off. It'd be like me handing you a quarter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back