Recruiting Football Talk VII

Status
Not open for further replies.
How did it show? That I dont care to enter a real argument about generational what if scenarios? Or that I dont care enough to continue on?

You invited the argument anyone that's watched the 60s era players play would never protest to them BEATING the most dominate big man to ever play the game of basketball.
Wilt was dominate for his time, as were West, Pettit, & Havlicek. But most of that era simply wouldn't reach the same levels in today's game.

Ford Model T is one of the best selling cars ever, but not even in the discussion for performance or engineering against modern cars.

You invited the argument anyone that's watched the 60s era players play would never contest to them BEATING the most dominate big man to ever play the game of basketball.
Wilt was dominate for his time, as were West, Pettit, & Havlicek. But most of that era simply wouldn't reach the same levels in today's game.

Ford Model T is one of the best selling cars ever, but not even in the discussion for performance or engineering against modern cars.
And still you argue on.

I have my beliefs, you wont change my mind right wrong or indifferent. Professional basketball discussions are as boring as the sport, so, choosing to not engage.

Do as you must.

You invited the argument anyone that's watched the 60s era players play would never protest to them BEATING the most dominate big man to ever play the game of basketball.

I would like to see wilt with today’s training…. He is probably the most athletic big man of all time.

You may need to watch some video of old Wilt when he was playing, Shaq would body that guy.

Wilt as he was, not even close to Shaq. That's why comparing different eras is so subjective because the guys playing in the early days we're always assuming the production would be similar and it wouldn't unless they were able to match current day athleticism with modern S&C.

But game vs game Shaq would dominate Wilt head to head.
Think you're downplaying Wilt's size and physicality a bit here. There are plenty of stories about Wilt bullying people on the court.

That's a mid-50s Wilt next to young Shaq and Ewing.

Wilt wasn't just taller than Shaq, he was broader too. And vastly, VASTLY more athletic. Wilt is probably the greatest pure athlete the NBA has ever seen given his height and size. The biggest knock on Wilt is similar to the one on Shaq in that he wasn't as ferociously competitive as most of the other greats.

Reactions: hooter vol
And still you argue on.

I have my beliefs, you wont change my mind right wrong or indifferent. Professional basketball discussions are as boring as the sport, so, choosing to not engage.

Do as you must.

And still you argue on...

I can discuss it all day if you don't want to then stop engaging, like you said you was going to do already.

Streaming has turned into a nickel and dime the fans as much as possible.

I don't mind for bigger platforms like Peacock, I actually already had a subscription when we could ONLY watch the Vols play whoever the BIG10 team was we beat down early in the season on there. But these random never heard of before ones, nah I'm good.
Flo is big for wrestling, but recently they're getting into baseball, basketball and softball.

I agree with the fans getting screwed too.... you want to watch this weekend cool, next weekend you want to watch softball cool here's another 30. Oh, you want to watch a midweek game against a team you've never heard of here's 10 for their streaming service and you need the Pac 12 and LHN for those that's another 50..... Pretty soon that oh it's only 30 bucks turns into 2 to 3 hundred.

I’ll take it

1. TENNESSEE​

Nationally, the offensive line class was the least impressive since the mid-2000s. Only 27 offensive linemen made the final Rivals250, which is the lowest total since the 2005 class. That being said, there were close to 10 programs to put together impressive offensive line hauls in the 2024 cycle.
Statistically, Tennessee finished with the top class of offensive linemen. The Vols were one of three programs to sign four four-star offensive linemen and were the only one among those three to finish with two offensive linemen (William Satterwhite and Bennett Warren) ranked inside the Rivals250.

Along with Satterwhite and Warren, Tennessee signed four-stars Max Anderson and Gage Ginther. Anderson landed at No. 13 and Ginther landed at No. 33 in the offensive tackle rankings. In-state offensive line signee
Jesse Perry finished the rankings cycle as a three-star prospect.

Think you're downplaying Wilt's size and physicality a bit here. There are plenty of stories about Wilt bullying people on the court.

That's a mid-50s Wilt next to young Shaq and Ewing.

Wilt wasn't just taller than Shaq, he was broader too. And vastly, VASTLY more athletic. Wilt is probably the greatest pure athlete the NBA has ever seen given his height and size. The biggest knock on Wilt is similar to the one on Shaq in that he wasn't as ferociously competitive as most of the other greats.

A prime Wilt with today's S&C program I think would still be an elite player. But that's the big "what if"

Taking both at their primes playing the way they did I think Shaq bullies Wilt. You give both the same starting point with current S&C and technology then it's a different sort of matchup for sure.

Reactions: itsme
Flo is big for wrestling, but recently they're getting into baseball, basketball and softball.

I agree with the fans getting screwed too.... you want to watch this weekend cool, next weekend you want to watch softball cool here's another 30. Oh, you want to watch a midweek game against a team you've never heard of here's 10 for their streaming service and you need the Pac 12 and LHN for those that's another 50..... Pretty soon that oh it's only 30 bucks turns into 2 to 3 hundred.
Need one app that has all sports , every conference ,every league.

I would pay no matter how much monthly cost.

Reactions: GenRRN
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back