Recruiting Football Talk VII

Status
Not open for further replies.
On Shaq. God gave that man gifts on and off the court. I think he summed it up for himself that he did not want to do just one thing intensely like Kobe. He was diversified and enjoyed his life. I do agree that if he utilized a portion of Kobe or MJ's work ethic Shaq could have blown away all records. That said he is a business man, philanthropist, commentator, dj, and some might say musician. All the things a modern athlete aspires to be.
Shaq since he got older seemed like he was a people person and doesn’t act like he’s rich

I like Shaq and think he is an all time great and could have been even better. However, at least for one Finals series, he did NOT match up well w the dream.
Hakeem had a better series than him but Shaq still averaged 27 ppg and double/double…. would like to have seen 2001 Shaq in that same series.

Reactions: LaagerVol
Maybe you guys that hate Taylor for no reason will take this in -

Taylor Swift has donated an incredible $100,000 to the family of Lisa Lopez-Galvan - the beloved mom who tragically lost her life as a result of the Super Bowl parade shooting.
I’ve felt like the hate and annoyance was less about her and more about just the spectacle of it all but I’m sure there are a lot of people that also just don’t like her. Personally, when it comes to celebrities as big as she is, I think it could have been a lot worse. At least she seems like a decent person for the most part.

Related: My 2 and a half year old daughter is now obsessed with her song “Anti-Hero” and yells at Alexa to play “Hi” (Aka Anti-Hero) and then runs around the house dancing and “singing” every other word. She’s hilarious and it’s adorable but I’ll be fine if I never hear that song again.

Happy Friday.

February 16, 2024: You may feel like you are in a state of limbo. That is because you are uncertain about what your next steps should be. But, I tell you honestly, that you must not worry about the future. Do the best you can with today as you take one moment at a time. I hold your future in My hands, says the Lord. Believe it and receive it. Matthew 6:34 Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about its own things. Sufficient for the day is its own trouble.
I will admit that I often scroll on by these. I did stop and read this one and desperately needed to hear it. Funny how that works, isn't it?

Maybe you guys that hate Taylor for no reason will take this in -

Taylor Swift has donated an incredible $100,000 to the family of Lisa Lopez-Galvan - the beloved mom who tragically lost her life as a result of the Super Bowl parade shooting.
You realize that $100,000 for her is the same as an average American giving $18, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back