Recruiting Football Talk VII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Is he doing the Major League balls shuffle?

giphy.gif

Could you imagine those older guys being able to take 4 steps at a time and not having to worry about hand checking and taking a forearm shot in the back every time they backed someone or posted up? I don't know who I'd take off your list but I'd have to find a spot for Dominique somewhere. I was a Celtic fan like you but always loved 'Nique. Your list is about what mine would look like.
@screenthis was talking about adding "modern day players" but I've not seen that many newer players that could hang with the teams I grew up watching. I think the newer generation is overall more athletic but they just play undisciplined, ugly basketball. Those 80s Celtics and Lakers teams, the Bad Boys of Detroit, MJs teams, Phil Jackson's Lakers, and Popovich's Robinson/ Duncan squads would have killed these modern NBA teams.

*I thought about Dominique and Scottie Pippin but there's other players that I like better. I would have loved to have seen some of those older NBA stars that some people have listed.

**I really wanted to add Paul Pierce, Jayson Tatum, Kevin McCale, Robert Parrish, and Ray Allen. 🍀

Last edited:
Hey guys, I just wanted to follow up on all the reports that were surfacing recently about how Saban is intentionally messing with the new coaching staff at Bama.

When you start hearing it from so many sources, I think you start to pay attention. “Where there’s smoke there’s fire!”

I would not be surprised to see this story come out soon with additional information that Saban was jumping ship because he knew the program was about to get hammered on non-NIL cash-to-players problems. This is 100% going to be hitting the rumor mills in the next couple days…

(Also a reason some of Deboer’s first picks at a new staff fled once they got to campus and found out about the impending sanctions.)
😏🤭😂

@screenthis was talking about adding "modern day players" but I've not seen that many newer players that could hang with the teams I grew up watching. I think the newer generation is overall more athletic but they just play undisciplined, ugly basketball. Those 80s Celtics and Lakers teams, the Bad Boys of Detroit, MJs teams, Phil Jackson's Lakers, and Popovich's Robinson/ Duncan squads would have killed these modern NBA teams.

*I thought about Dominique and Scottie Pippin but there's other players that I like better. I would have loved to have seen some of those older NBA stars that some people have listed.

**I really wanted to add Paul Pierce, Jayson Tatum, Kevin McCale, Robert Parrish, and Ray Allen. 🍀
Sometimes, we also miss Dr. J.

Reactions: hooter vol
I only put players from 1985 and up. That was when I started paying attention to sports.

I didn't see Dr. J in his prime or Bill Russell or John Halicek or Jerry West or Oscar Robertson or .......
I did see Dr J later in his career. Kind of a precursor to Jordon with his athletic ability and freaky plays.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back