Recruiting Football Talk VII

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fins.

See I'm probably by myself on this opinion, but I don't think professional athletes should allowed to participate in Olympics.

That goes for every country. My father was a boxing fanatic and every Summer Olympics he would get so pissed off watching our young American boxers always having to fight those grown ass Cubans in finals of every weight class..
You can't compete in world class athletics and be an amateur anymore. The nutrition and transportation alone makes it completely unrealistic. The moment you do it opens up biases for government (employee) teams.

Last edited:
My wife also got me The Ballad of Dood and Juanita for Valentines day. I finally got a chance to play it all the way through (today) and I really like it too. It's very similar to Willie Nelson's 'Red Headed Stranger' album, which I love.

*I ordered the Sailors Guide a couple of days ago and I'm thinking about getting both Cuttin Grass CDs. I've been starving for new music. 😁
I really enjoy Red Headed Stranger too. I like your style, Mr. Possum.

You can't compete on world class athletics and be an amateur anymore. The nutrition and transportation alone makes it completely unrealistic. The moment you do it open up bias for government (employee) teams.
USA dominated every event in Summer Olympics with amateur athletes.

USA came up short in Basketball one Summer in 1988 I believe, then said oh we're going send NBA players.

USA came up short in Basketball one Summer in 1988 I believe, then said oh we're going send NBA players.
As someone who watched a ton of NBA in the eighties, watching the Dream Team was surreal.

I'll be in St. Lucia on Saturday.
Nice. For us the family is flying over to Georgetown in the Exumas and My son, and son-in-law are taking my center console over from Ft Lauderdale. It will be a bout a 10 hour run. Hope to do 5-6 for 2 days. Sleeping on the boat one night (it has no cabin 😅) out at anchor. Never done anything like this before. The gulf stream crossing has me the most worried. It's only 50 miles but the stream can get stirred up at times.

I am saying today with social media and NIL world at best amateurish is a paper game. In the period you are talking about we had athletes getting paid by corporate America (due to their athletics) but not working in a classical sense. A game no different than being a worker on the Bellarus team. You cannot dedicate your life to luging, pay for luging and truly be an amateur.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back