Recruiting Football Talk VII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Everyone knows Herb Brooks speech vs USSR. They were down 1 going into the 3rd period in the Gold Medal round vs Finland

“If you lose this game you will take it with you to your ***$&ng graves." As he started to leave the locker room, he stopped, turned around and added,"Your ***$&ng graves.”

Nice. For us the family is flying over to Georgetown in the Exumas and My son, and son-in-law are taking my center console over from Ft Lauderdale. It will be a bout a 10 hour run. Hope to do 5-6 for 2 days. Sleeping on the boat one night (it has no cabin 😅) out at anchor. Never done anything like this before. The gulf stream crossing has me the most worried. It's only 50 miles but the stream can get stirred up at times.
Exumas is beautiful, been a couple of times. Sounds like a great time, be safe and enjoy.

Has this been discussed?

Losing their receivers coach - who was damned good - was a massive blow.

But losing Dell - who is arguably one of the best RB coaches in the country, is an even bigger blow.

Kirby is an elite recruiter but a meh game day head coach. He’s been largely aided by an elite staff these past few years. That staff has been getting picked apart the past couple seasons.

He ain’t saban where he’s gonna be able to keep their dynasty going. Hell, it likely might already be over.

Dynasty? You seriously think they're a dynasty?

Reactions: knoxvol52
Every so often I get to get out of the county. But it's almost always for one medical reason or another. I haven't left the country in a long time.
hmmm, you know it's kind of neat to go out of the country for things other than surgery, right?

This is what irritates me so much when asshats talk about Tennessee not being an "elite" program. No clue about CFB history.
Wild that TCU is one of the 8
These two posts are well suited close to one another.

We know our history, but the rest of the world doesn't really know it or consider it to be relevant for today. In many minds, there's a difference between elite and has-been. We see ourselves as blue bloods while most of the world translates that to "has been".

Personally, I'm proud of our blue blood heritage and wonderful history, but don't want to fall back on that. Let's just start dominating and prove ourselves as blue-blood, traditional, relevant-elite right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back