Recruiting Football Talk VII

Status
Not open for further replies.
morristown, the atlantis of american football fandom. such is the key to program successes

Home of Randy Sanders, Little Man Stewart and Auburn's announcer that got killed not long ago. I think Morristown's claim to fame right now is the fact that it has the fastest growing latino population in the US. The rest of E. TN is blindingly anglo white. That's why they're important for a spanish language broadcast.

Reactions: Ulysees E. McGill
Do Latinos like American football? All the ones I’ve ever went to school or worked with only liked soccer if they were from Mexico or South America, and baseball if they were Dominican or Puerto Rican

Oh yeah, the Raiders and most the California teams have a huge Hispanic fanbase. Houston and the Texas teams do too.

Home of Randy Sanders, Little Man Stewart and Auburn's announcer that got killed not long ago. lol. I think Morristown's claim to fame right now is the fact that it has the fastest growing latino population in the US. The rest of E. TN is blindingly anglo white. That's why they're important for a spanish language broadcast.
Hamblen County TN is .03% less white than Washington, .01% more black people. Washington County has over 2 times population size, meaning more people.

Washington County has a higher Asian population. And is more diverse, but very similar numbers along its crackers.

I doubt UT is catering specifically to the Latino population in Hamblen County specifically. We desire to be a national brand.

Oh yeah, the Raiders and most the California teams have a huge Hispanic fanbase. Houston and the Texas teams do too.

Most people this side of the Mississippi have been around 1st gens rather than communities that have been here a long time. Once the language barrier is broken you find a ton of fans. But even in places like Miami where there's older spanish speaking populations you'll find huge fan support.

Hamblen County TN is .03% less white than Washington, .01% more black people. Washington County has over 2 times population size, meaning more people.

Washington County has a higher Asian population. And is more diverse, but very similar numbers along its crackers.

I doubt UT is catering specifically to the Latino population in Hamblen County specifically. We desire to be a national brand.

Hamblen county is about 12 percent latino officially but higher than that if a true census were taken. Washington Co. has a 3.6 percent latino population.

As a State flagship University, I think their interest is the entire states population, and region. 7200 people in hamblen county being part of that, but not the epicenter of the hispanic universe

You're still making an argument I never made but I agree with the point. It is about everyone. What you're talking about though has nothing to do with what I was saying. I was simply stating that it was "important...", "....especially in places like Morristown where there's a huge Latino population." That's literally all I said. And it is important in places with large latino populations.

Last edited:
We have four 4 star OL committed. We will take 3-5 OL in the portal
It’s a great start and I love that we are addressing it. We need at least two consecutive classes with fantastic Oline recruits.

I was a glutton for punishment and watched the Florida game again. Looked at every Olineman and concentrated on just them. It was one of the worst performances in a long time.

The only one that has any excuses was Lane but he looked bad too.

I think it depends on the running game.

The one thing that doesn't make a lot of sense to me about the UF game, we really didn't run the ball a lot. The offense is at its best when the running game gets going. Once we got down Heup went away from it.
Watch the replay. We got zero push and created zero lanes. Even in a zone blocking scheme where positional leverage can create a hole….we didn’t do that. The center guard triangle was busted all game long.

Here are a couple of pics...it is a unique place...also can visit nearby Zapata Falls which I didn't have time to hike to.

For context...the tallest dune you see in these pics is over 700 feet tall

Back in 2013, we stopped in visitor center on our way to Durango, but we didn't have time to hike the dunes. It was our bon voyage Colorado trip before moving back east. I still remember being back there in Dec 2012, hitting refresh on Volnation, hoping to see that Butch had accepted our HFC job. At the time, Colorado had also offered. Man! If only, we might have saved 3yrs on the rebuild. Then again without Butch we wouldn't have Heup.

Bet she can juggle with her butt cheeks.

Probably. I'm impressed and genuinely curious as to how long you have to practice to get your butt cheeks to move independently of one another. Is it like moving your ear where only a few can do it? Or is it something anyone can learn? I feel like America is behind (get it, get it) because even our best twerkers have never shown that particular skill. 🤣

Reactions: Enki_Amenra
Probably. I'm impressed and genuinely curious as to how long you have to practice to get your butt cheeks to move independently of one another. Is it like moving your ear where only a few can do it? Or is it something anyone can learn? I feel like America is behind (get it, get it) because even our best twerkers have never shown that particular skill. 🤣
Look up Nastya Nass on youtube. I heard someone say that she works miracles with her booty control. 😂

Reactions: Grandpa4
Must be in the English dept. She's killing me by touching that with her bare hands. That is so destructive to old books and manuscripts. Even when your hands are clean and feel dry, you're depositing oils onto those pages that damage them. Bright light (especially direct light or sunlight) and contact with the skin are the enemies of preservation.
I agree with you, if that is the real deal, then she is a real idiot...but that makes me think it is probably not real...surely she wouldn't be handling it with no gloves if it was.

Reactions: UTProf
Home of Randy Sanders, Little Man Stewart and Auburn's announcer that got killed not long ago. I think Morristown's claim to fame right now is the fact that it has the fastest growing latino population in the US. The rest of E. TN is blindingly anglo white. That's why they're important for a spanish language broadcast.
Why is it's Latino population so big?

Reactions: knoxvol52
Most people this side of the Mississippi have been around 1st gens rather than communities that have been here a long time. Once the language barrier is broken you find a ton of fans. But even in places like Miami where there's older spanish speaking populations you'll find huge fan support.
I grew up in the Texas Panhandle...the Martinez family;(all 12 of them..lol) that lived across the street from us had been in Tejas since it was still part of Mexico according to Mr Martinez. I still say that Diane Martinez was one of the most naturally beautiful girls I've ever seen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back