Recruiting Football Talk VII

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man, Danny White is sending a message with firing Harper, and I love it!

I think we need to throw the bank at USC’s coach, and I think she’s a realistic option as well

Honest questions for you or anyone else who has more insight in the LV program bc I lost most of my interest when Pat retired. Would y’all prefer a LV alum? Why would we stay inside the family for a new coach? I think Kara Lawson is the only one who could possibly fit the bill, but she’s only had two years of success at Duke. It’s time for us to go outside the family and bring in new blood IMO. If that coach wins soon and big, the LV people won’t care either way as long as that coach embraces the tradition of the LV, which isn’t just basketball.

Why exactly?
She was an assistant coach for the San Antonio Spurs for several seasons. She was a finalist for the Portland Trailblazers HC position at one point. In like 2-3 years as HC of the WNBA's Aces, she's won two championships. She knows the game. The question would be can she recruit? Given her credentials, I'd say kids would listen to her.

You do what you can. Fans can and should ask for a review of officiating, just like you would for any issue you thought there was a lack of equity. I dare you to use that same "git gud" logic for other areas where there might be a systemic lack of equity.
As Ive said. All bets are off with football, mattresses will be burned.

Reactions: knoxvol52
Edey had one foul the whole game? With all that banging inside? I know...TWSS.
And that really wasn't a foul. By the time it was called it was clear that he wouldn't get a second foul that day; it was more to fake up the stats imo. If you noticed, the foul was far away from the paint and only called after the ref saw that the ball was out of bounds on Purdue. So it was completely without consequence: our ball in the same spot either way.

Last edited:
I need to get off Autotrader, I'm going to end up broke from buying cars smhhh

But this 2003 BMW looking niceeeeee
😂

I have a 2012 5 series that I love. It is true that maintenance will cost you more, but I love it. I always wanted one of those square model BMWs from the early 70s. A vibe imo.

O lawd, trippie. Look at this orange 2002!
Screen Shot 2024-04-02 at 10.03.53 PM.png

Are you really saying that you believe Jonas did not care about playing for a championship?...I do not believe that for one second.

That is a really bad accusation.
He was either checked out mentally, hurt, or scared to death. He's been one of my favorites this season but how he played in the tournament (especially in the sweet 16 and elite 8) made me wonder about him. It looked to me like he didn't really try.

No accusation, just observation.

Last edited:
Reactions: knoxvol52
hmm, looking at NBA Mock draft...Edey is wayyyyy down there. Knecht? #3
Edey's success depends upon a crooked whistle. And it's extra apparent because being so big he is easier to officiate. He's prolly going to end up in a league in China or Greece of somewhere imo.

Last edited:
She was an assistant coach for the San Antonio Spurs for several seasons. She was a finalist for the Portland Trailblazers HC position at one point. In like 2-3 years as HC of the WNBA's Aces, she's won two championships. She knows the game. The question would be can she recruit? Given her credentials, I'd say kids would listen to her.
Hammon would be a splashy hire, but you mentioned a glaring issue with her: recruiting. Based on everything that’s come about with Harper, her downfall wasn’t exactly her ability to win, it’s her inability to recruit as the outlook for next year isn’t very good. So I don’t know if Hammon is someone DW will look at knowing we need someone with recruiting chops. The more I read up on candidates, the more I’m liking the girl from USC (I won’t even try to spell her name). She checks the recruiting box and she’s a proven winner.

Exactly. I just don't know if financially it makes sense to drop what it would take to get Becky.
The most recent thing I can find on the internet for Hammon is $1million a year, from an article dated 9/19/22. Kellie was getting a tad more than that. Do you know what Hammon makes now?

Hammon would be a splashy hire, but you mentioned a glaring issue with her: recruiting. Based on everything that’s come about with Harper, her downfall wasn’t exactly her ability to win, it’s her inability to recruit as the outlook for next year isn’t very good. So I don’t know if Hammon is someone DW will look at knowing we need someone with recruiting chops. The more I read up on candidates, the more I’m liking the girl from USC (I won’t even try to spell her name). She checks the recruiting box and she’s a proven winner.

Beckys name would recruit itself..just like pats name and the lady vol brand…with everything you just mentioned that she’s achieved as a woman in a man’s sport…why couldn’t she recruit? What girl wouldn’t want to play for her?…she is a splash hire that would send electricity through this fanbase and she’s well respected throughout just like Barnes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back