Recruiting Football Talk VII

Status
Not open for further replies.
I willing to bet Nico threw this ball. That’s the difference in having an elite QB, no more “WR can’t get open” bs. Nico will throw them open, like that highlight clip of Brazzell stretching out.

D98C49D7-1AA1-469B-8495-C3F2638F1168.png

And one last pic, Boo’s explosive athleticism has immediately translated. 5 star talent, good luck keeping him out your starting lineup. We haven’t had his type of juice back there since Eric Berry.
6414EC13-2707-498A-A4E9-D2AB132155FD.png

The owner of my company has owned three. He and his wife have black and white ones. I think his is a GTS. He loves driving them. He likes his Porsche dealership too, but has had trouble getting one repaired after a wreck. None of the european brands are practical from maintenance perspective. If you are asking I presume you've budgeted for higher than average repair and maintenance costs. I've ridden in them and would describe them as sporty luxury, but nothing that exotic.

My neighbor is selling an older one (2008) for $11,000, only has about 45k original miles. No accidents and the original owner. Was thinking about it. Appreciate the insight!

Reactions: Glitch and Orange.
Basilio going into more detail on Nico: he’s not good, not great, he’s insane. Not sure how to discuss it because he’s afraid it will put too much pressure and expectations on Nico and Heupel. After all he’s still a freshman and hasn’t played much. This guy is better than Hooker but the question is how is the rest of the team? Is it better?

In Jack Burtons opinion the rest of the team is better. We’re probably more athletic at LB and secondary. Basilio said our DL is so good it could field 3 teams.
The pressure for Nico to not only succeed here but be almost legendary is ridiculous.

Aidoo looked disengaged to me, even on the bench. I get not driving the ball, but he couldn't even catch the ball without fumbling it. That's usually a sign of thinking about other things.

Tampering is real
Are you really saying that you believe Jonas did not care about playing for a championship?...I do not believe that for one second.

That is a really bad accusation.

Wait, we missed shots? But I thought the refs were putting a hoodoo on us?

Yes its hard to shoot when you're being physically dragged to the court. Yes, its hard to rebound when you're shoved. ****
officiating isnt a novel concept/
So...we definitely got absolutely screwed...but it doesn't matter...it's our boys fault for not beating Purdue AND their refs?...

Makes total sense Jack...👍

probably lead to lower quality officials…. the good ones would leave… I agree with the need for more transparency and a feeling of accountability…. The fact remains though that every team (especially the loser) feels that the ref was out so screw them.
The FACT is some teams can 100% prove it on video.

We're going to find out in a week, but we may have seen what should've been the NCAA finals. Purdue very easily could blow out NC State, Alabama, and UConn. Purdue was our worst matchup, but even Jay Wright said before the game that the Vols were the team that matched up the best for stopping Purdue.

I know it's a bold claim because UConn looks unstoppable, but will/can they match up any better against Purdue? Can they stifle their guards like we did? Can their 7 footer match up with Edey at all and stay out of foul trouble? I'm not sure if they'll do any better than we did, but I'm excited to see what happens.
If they shoot better than us...UCONN will destroy Perdue.

The pressure for Nico to not only succeed here but be almost legendary is ridiculous.
I mean the talent is pretty undeniable. The guy is big, tall, fast with elite arm talent. He’s humble, and hard working. He’ll definitely go down as one of our best and I’m sure that’s a lock. Now the real question is will he be a #1 pick type of prospect, or is he a Bo Nix type of fringe 1st round guy. That’s a whole different story that I’m not ready to say until I see him carve up UF, UGA etc.

Reactions: BigOrangeTrain
DW wants all our sports to be elite. I'm fine with that. Exciting to see who we get for the Lady VOLS basketball team.
I guess this answers the question..or accusation..of whether or not Danny White will accept meh-diocrity from the LVs...or anybody for that matter.

I mean the talent is pretty undeniable. The guy is big, tall, fast with elite arm talent. He’s humble, and hard working. He’ll definitely go down as one of our best and I’m sure that’s a lock. Now the real question is will he be a #1 pick type of prospect, or is he a Bo Nix type of fringe 1st round guy. That’s a whole different story that I’m not ready to say until I see him carve up UF, UGA etc.
What happens if he doesn’t end up being one of our best? I have a feeling if that happens, some will use that as an indictment on Heupel and his abilities to develop. And that’s just silly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back