Recruiting Football Talk VII

Status
Not open for further replies.
Updates from Ladies Room:

1. These women be crazy.
2. It's fun to mess with Karens.
3. Several don't want Dawn Staley, the best coach in WBB right now, because of her "street talk."
4. Some don't want Jeff Walz because, "He looks like a sleazy jerk and I don't want to personally get to know him. I want a coach who I will be able to meet and personally like."
5. They don't want Brenda Freese because her and Pat got into an argument one time like... 25 years ago.
6. "Class" "Class" "Class" is the foremost criteria for picking a new coach... oh, and anyone remotely associated with a totally different coach that they don't like is a no. Only former Lady Vols have class apparently. Some don't like certain candidates because they hired an assistant or analyst associated with someone they don't like.
7. These women be crazy.

I love Pat Summitt. I was just a kid and looked up to her even though I never met her. My dad told me stories of meeting her when he was an athlete at UT and after that he ALWAYS watched the Lady Vols. I was envious of Tyler Summitt and the opportunity he had to be around the program and be her kid.

But I swear some of these blue hairs touch themselves to pictures and memories of Pat at night. Move. On. Being a "Lady Vol" will mean nothing in a few years if they don't hire a winner. Bonus points if they're Mother Theresa reincarnate on track for sainthood, but shouldn't be priority.
We knew Pat personally. Our families went to church together going back to the mid 80's. Tyler and our daughter were in youth together before they moved. Other church members worked for the UTAD when Pat was coaching.

At this stage Pat would tell people to move on and focus on what was best for the University of Tennessee and women's basketball. Anything said beyond that does not reflect who she was. In reality at this stage it would not even matter what Pat thought they should do because two of her hand picks for the job (yes - I believe she would have chosen Kellie to give it a shot ) have both failed to maintain the elite status of the program.

It is that simple. Danny White and the UT leadership know this, which is why they pulled the plug. There is no wannabe in being a Lady Vol. That bridge was crossed to elite, national prominence, international brand with Pat. So only the best need apply as coaches and players at this stage.

1. These women be crazy.
3. Several don't want Dawn Staley, the best coach in WBB right now, because of her "street talk."
4. Some don't want Jeff Walz because, "He looks like a sleazy jerk and I don't want to personally get to know him. I want a coach who I will be able to meet and personally like."
5. They don't want Brenda Freese because her and Pat got into an argument one time like... 25 years ago.
6. "Class" "Class" "Class" is the foremost criteria for picking a new coach... oh, and anyone remotely associated with a totally different coach that they don't like is a no. Only former Lady Vols have class apparently. Some don't like certain candidates because they hired an assistant or analyst associated with someone they don't like.
7. These women be crazy.

I love Pat Summitt. I was just a kid and looked up to her even though I never met her. My dad told me stories of meeting her when he was an athlete at UT and after that he ALWAYS watched the Lady Vols. I was envious of Tyler Summitt and the opportunity he had to be around the program and be her kid.

But I swear some of these blue hairs touch themselves to pictures and memories of Pat at night. Move. On. Being a "Lady Vol" will mean nothing in a few years if they don't hire a winner. Bonus points if they're Mother Theresa reincarnate on track for sainthood, but shouldn't be priority.
you didn’t need point 1….. all women are crazy

1. These women be crazy.
7. These women be crazy.

8. "Brenda Frese isn't good enough because she only went 28-7 despite being at Maryland for 22 seasons [ignoring multiple 30 win seasons and a national title - I digress]. We need someone who can win 30 games in Year 1! I want to bring Gail Goestenkors out of retirement!"

It's time toooooo CHECK THE STATS:

Gail Goestenkors last coached in 2012. She resigned for "stress."
Her best season at Texas was 22-14 with a 7-9 conference record in Year 1. Only made the second round of NCAA once. She went .500 or less in in conference play 4/5 seasons at Texas. Prior to Texas she was a top coach at Duke.

People who think like this is who we are dealing with. It has a name. Cognitive dissonance and bias. "I personally don't like X person so here are reasons I think we shouldn't hire them. I personally like Y person and I'm going to ignore the fact that my prior criteria eliminates them and pretend I have a logical argument." You know... like... teenage girl level (I can say this because I once was a teenage boy who had conversations with teenage girls once or twice).

1. These women be crazy.
7. These women be crazy.

I never believed in the Lady Vol Mafia until I started reading the man-hating crap they spew over there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back