Recruiting Football Talk VII

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got burned buying a used 19 Honda. The 6 speed Transmission is screwed, but there’s no codes. Dealer doesn’t believe my evidence on video clips and the techs said it shifts fine. It’s still in Powertrain warranty. All BS.

The good news is that Carvana is offering me a little more than what I paid for it several months ago. I’m getting out from under it. Not gonna fight it. Really disappointed in Honda and the dealership for trying to get out of warranty work.
CVT transmissions are terrible and everyone know it. Not sure why everyone is being forced to use them. They continually shift and all that does is cause the transmissions to break down a lot quicker.

Really hope we can reel in Ballo
The BB forum posted news where he has set up 5 visits, and we aren’t one of them.

If Awaka still leaves, I wonder if being closer to home is important to him. There is ample playing time now, and I’m sure we’ve given him more in NIL than he was getting.

A friend of mine, Kevin, was out at a bar about 20 years ago with a group of his friends. OJ Simpson walked in and everyone wanted to meet him and buy him drinks. He eventually sat down at my friends table. After the initial uneasiness of sitting with a murderer it didn’t take Kevin long to realize that every subject and every discussion was going to be about OJ. If they talked baseball OJ would talk about how good he was at pitching. If they talked about current events OJ would remind everyone of his Heisman trophy. Eventually everyone at the table got tired of it and walked away.

A friend of mine, Kevin, was out at a bar about 20 years ago with a group of his friends. OJ Simpson walked in and everyone wanted to meet him and buy him drinks. He eventually sat down at my friends table. After the initial uneasiness of sitting with a murderer it didn’t take Kevin long to realize that every subject and every discussion was going to be about OJ. If they talked baseball OJ would talk about how good he was at pitching. If they talked about current events OJ would remind everyone of his Heisman trophy. Eventually everyone at the table got tired of it and walked away.
Yeah, just a big fat narcissist

An oldie but a goodie
giphy.gif

CVT transmissions are terrible and everyone know it. Not sure why everyone is being forced to use them. They continually shift and all that does is cause the transmissions to break down a lot quicker.

Yeah, the 19 Ridgeline uses a traditional 6-speed. Not a CVT. I won’t buy any vehicle with a CVT.

The 6-speed and torque converter are known issues on newer generation pilots and ridgelines from 2016-2019.

Another issue with Honda is their use of VCM (Variable cylinder management) on the engines. It wears out the entire drivetrain faster, and I bought a VCM disabler because it was horrible.

Reactions: JCP201 and DD4ME
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back