Recruiting Football Talk VII

Status
Not open for further replies.
My thoughts:

1. Yes, because there's few who teach the fundamentals quite like Rick Barnes and there's few who teach defense like Rick Barnes.
2. You don't have to wonder about the quality of person you're getting and/or how they might disrupt a locker room.
3. You know they'll be in better condition than the majority/all of your current team and you know they're a hard worker.

4. "Everyone coming for everyone" yeah... but... "everyone" is listening (but Zakai). Mama Mashack is complaining about it, but her own son has been listening too. Idk if that's an indictment on the staff/Spyre for not being willing to spend to keep players or an indictment on the players. Up to interpretation I guess.

That said, I can't fault a guy for going somewhere else where they'll feel more at home or make more money.
It’s a shame Rick coached this young man into a great 3 year development and just when he’s on the brink of reaching his potential he’s going to leave the coach and program who built him into who he’s become. Bet he regrets his decision to leave if he doesn’t end up in the nba. Just ask nkamhoua.

I was all about Aidoo during SEC play, but what he did in the Elite 8 was sickening. His team needed him to play like a 6'11" starting, SEC center and he let a freshman have his minutes. It was right there for him to prove himself from the other big men on our team and he let a bigger player intimidate him again. If he leaves, this transfer will not bother me.

Estrella, Awaka > Aidoo
His disappearance was inopportune and quite the head scratcher

It’s a shame Rick coached this young man into a great 3 year development and just when he’s on the brink of reaching his potential he’s going to leave the coach and program who built him into who he’s become. Bet he regrets his decision to leave if he doesn’t end up in the nba. Just ask nkamhoua.
Maybe he already knows he won't make it in the NBA so he's chasing money now, while he still can.

Supposedly, Cumquat got $750,000 for his one year at Michigan.

Cupboard pretty bare. Going to be a much different looking team next year. Hey, at least we still got ZZ 🤞
Let's see what we do in the transfer portal. I am a little dejected to be losing players I really liked, though. I know Aidoo struggled in the tournament but when he was on he was so much fun to watch.

💯

Just like giving a dose of reality to the Barnes haters every now and then…

Honestly I bet Barnes retires sooner than later

We will see!
If our fans think DW us going to go after some big timer name when RB retires...then they are going to badly disappointed, even worse than UKs idiots are.

DW is going to go after somebody like Caldwell...somebody that is a relatively young go-gette, and that has a dynamic system...and that has tore through whatever level they were at.

This is the way..

New women's basketball coach Kim Caldwell will throw the first pitch tomorrow night for our BaseVols' 3-game series against defending CWS champion LSU.

Followed by VFL and MLB Hall of Famer Todd Helton on Saturday.

And All-American and SEC POY Dalton Knecht on Sunday.

That's a hellva line up! And, yes, it's a grudge match!

Last edited:
New women's basketball coach Kim Caldwell will throw the first pitch tomorrow night for our BaseVols' 3-game series against defending CWS champion LSU.

Followed by VFL and MLB Hall of Famer Todd Helton on Saturday.

And All-American and SEC POY Dalton Knecht on Sunday.

That's a hellva line up! And, yes, it's a grudge match!
WOW!

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back