Recruiting Football Talk VII

Status
Not open for further replies.
Will be interesting how many kitty cats transfer to Arky since they have like one player on the roster... I saw where one kY commit decommitted and opened things back up, but assume he is headed to the suyeez...

The statement in question is closer to telling him that there's no need to study than smiling quietly and encouraging him for the studying he did. Again, the point in question was telling obese people that health isn't about the amount of weight lost. Similar sentiment in your example would be to just tell less smart people that there's no need to study.

I'll offer another example. The phrase "Mad as a hatter" was a disparaging insult based on the fact that hat-makers went crazy quite often. They formed the bills of hats by chewing them. Turns out they were ingesting toxic chemicals while doing so that caused brain damage. Would it be kinder to affirm them by denying the health consequences, or tell them, "Guys, you'll be healthier if you stop chewing on toxic chemicals."?
You are reading entirely too much into what you think I mean. Which makes a lot of sense for why you think I don't understand your stance. I fully support accountability and education. You can ask my kids or the scouts I work with if I coddle or make excuses for their behavior or mine. I am not woke, and I am not am apologist. I do know life is more complex than people on message boards like to make it.

Possible we snag running back Damian Martinez from Oregon State? Would be a huge pickup.
sounds like he will want too much that we'd be willing to spend--- OSU offered him $400,000 to stay and he said no, so folks doubt we'd spend that on him... you never know though, maybe he wants to be in the SEC and would be willing to take less...

Reactions: ugg
Barnes is going to retire on his own terms, having made our job more attractive. That's a real accomplishment.

Edit: I know you were being sarcastic

💯

Just like giving a dose of reality to the Barnes haters every now and then…

Honestly I bet Barnes retires sooner than later

We will see!

UK fans was upset about Scott Drew, Mark Pope would be a massive underwhelming hire. 😂😂
Mark Pope gonna get trotted out at Rupp to a chorus of boos. I think the job is rapidly approaching radioactive level. They've been publicly turned down twice now. Not a lot of good, established, in-demand coaches want to be the ones who accept that job when two of their peers won't take it. And some of the guys who know they'll be received with the enthusiasm of a stale fart also won't take the job and risk getting Schianoed.

You are reading entirely too much into what you think I mean. Which makes a lot of sense for why you think I don't understand your stance. I fully support accountability and education. You can ask my kids or the scouts I work with if I coddle or make excuses for their behavior or mine. I am not woke, and I am not am apologist. I do know life is more complex than people on message boards like to make it.
I'm not trying to be argumentative or an ass for the sake of being an ass. I think I get you and can live with you in the middle ground. I suspect you're saying that health isn't *solely* about weight, and many people struggle with weight chronically and there are underlying health causes of obesity besides the hand-to-mouth syndrome (my adult daughter as an example).

I think we're fairly close on our outlooks. My point was simply that it's doing the obese a disservice to make the claim that health isn't about weight. Especially for them, it absolutely is.

Cheers and peace, amigo.

Reactions: Ulysees E. McGill

My thoughts:

1. Yes, because there's few who teach the fundamentals quite like Rick Barnes and there's few who teach defense like Rick Barnes.
2. You don't have to wonder about the quality of person you're getting and/or how they might disrupt a locker room.
3. You know they'll be in better condition than the majority/all of your current team and you know they're a hard worker.

4. "Everyone coming for everyone" yeah... but... "everyone" is listening (but Zakai). Mama Mashack is complaining about it, but her own son has been listening too. Idk if that's an indictment on the staff/Spyre for not being willing to spend to keep players or an indictment on the players. Up to interpretation I guess.

That said, I can't fault a guy for going somewhere else where they'll feel more at home or make more money.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back