Recruiting Football Talk VII

Status
Not open for further replies.
Annnnd Nothing to show for it..this is a wild roster looking at it.

View attachment 633846

He struggled to get out of the first round the last few years but he definitely had something to show for it over his entire tenure.

- NC
- 4 Final Fours
- Made at least the Elite Eight 7x
- 6 SEC regular season titles
- 6 SEC tourney titles

This has been fantastic reading material while drinking my coffee this morning! Thanks, Volnation, for all of the UK tears. Can’t believe they are hiring Mark Pope. This is glorious! Lol! Might as well change his name to Mehrk Pope.
It just hit me. White smoke emerged from CoRuppt Arena and... Mehrk Pope!

Eh, I don't like it.

Last edited:
Be sure and email KNS about what lovely journalist they have working down there s***tting on the university @Ulysees E. McGill look at this horse S***

Screenshot_20240412_074423_DuckDuckGo.jpgScreenshot_20240412_074435_DuckDuckGo.jpgScreenshot_20240412_074445_DuckDuckGo.jpgScreenshot_20240412_074459_DuckDuckGo.jpg
*the article was longer than this but this was what the headline was referring to. It was more "click bait" than anything else.

**Jim is an idiot

***possibly calling Memphis "Tiger High" is keeping them out of the Big 12. 🤣

Last edited:
There's no structure to the Portal or NIL across the board. Paying these players isn't the problem it's the chaos that nobody seems able to control.

I'm a person of structure in life so maybe that's my big issue.
Maybe I am more chaos friendly. 😂 😭 But it's a season now. You know it's coming. Look at it as an opportunity. So far everyone we've lost we replaced with better.

View attachment 633865View attachment 633866View attachment 633867View attachment 633868
*the article was longer than this but this was what the headline was referees to. It was more "click bait" than anything else.

**Jim is an idiot
Heupel made the "Elite 8" in his second year. The football poll stops at 25. There's no Top 68. The playoffs plus New Year Bowls games are the Sweet 16. Two "Sweet 16" wins in a row. Beat 3 of the 4 most recent national champions head to head in his second year.

Last edited:
View attachment 633865View attachment 633866View attachment 633867View attachment 633868
*the article was longer than this but this was what the headline was referees to. It was more "click bait" than anything else.

**Jim is an idiot

So many Lady Vols fans have been outing themselves as having never paid attention to the football program with stupid comments like this. It's amazing how they see the men's programs as competitors to the women's instead of supporting them all. Just...so...stupid.

So many Lady Vols fans have been outing themselves as having never paid attention to the football program with stupid comments like this. It's amazing how they see the men's programs as competitors to the women's instead of supporting them all. Just...so...stupid.
What is weirder to me is how they think the women's program should be comparable to the men's in any way really. They significantly overestimate how much anyone cares about women's basketball. Even at Tennessee.

Last edited:

**Jim is an idiot

Lol, "Jim" is an idiot.

In a 68 team tournament, Tennessee football is in the last two seasons. Hell, they might've made a play-in game in 2021.

Laughable to make that comparison😂

Strangely, Barnhart made a home run hire for Kentucky’s moribund women’s basketball program, but a C- hire for their otherwise very healthy men’s basketball program.

These days, it seems like a storied history hurts more than it helps.
It is hard to replace a King. Like him or hate him Calipari was basketball royalty. Replacing Barnes will be equally tough, but I like and believe that Danny showed he's not afraid of an up and comer with the WBB hire. I also believe a reason they pulled the trigger on WBB was to avoid having to figure out 2 next year... hope I an wrong, but it would make sense that ZZ would be the last of Barnes guards.

It is hard to replace a King. Like him or hate him Calipari was basketball royalty. Replacing Barnes will be equally tough, but I like and believe that Danny showed he's not afraid of an up and comer with the WBB hire. I also believe a reason they pulled the trigger on WBB was to avoid having to figure out 2 next year... hope I an wrong, but it would make sense that ZZ would be the last of Barnes guards.
Personally, I think NIL has made prestige less of a necessary element in recruiting. Thus, taking a high profile job now entails saddling yourself with a huge burden of expectations, but with less of the benefit you used to get from the name on the jersey.

Tough to hire a coach, these days.

Y’all remember when McGill said money ruins everything, and it would never be what we loved again?
I love it personally. You just better have smart people leading your AD and your NIL. Thankfully we do and I could not be more grateful. I don't donate much in the scheme of things, but I am happy to contribute to those efforts. UT is doing great things with a lot of little donations compared to other programs with just a couple of whales. I always see people posting that we need more big donors, but honestly that was the issue at KY. A big donor had a falling out with Calipari and this is your result. When Haslam pulled too many strings Dooley was the result. You all can do the math for yourselves. Yes, we all need big donors, but now more than ever they need me and you too. We and the players are taking back control.

Reactions: OrangenSC
Hey Braves fans:

April 12, 1966
Exactly 105 years after Confederate General P.G.T. Beauregard opened fire on the Union garrison at Fort Sumter, the North retaliated with their own blast – in the form of a two-run round tripper by Pirates’ left fielder Willie Stargell.

The extra-innings home run spoiled spirits in the brand-new Atlanta Stadium on April 12, 1966, packed with 50,671 fans eager to witness the Braves arrival to the Peachtree City from Milwaukee. It was an anticlimactic ending to what was a four-day long welcome held in honor of the team, featuring everything from cocktail parties to a city-wide parade down Peachtree Street, as schools and businesses closed for the historic day.

1712925198724.png

1712925245131.png
Tony Cloninger throwing the first pitch in Atlanta Braves history..............

Personally, I think NIL has made prestige less of a necessary element in recruiting. Thus, taking a high profile job now entails saddling yourself with a huge burden of expectations, but with less of the benefit you used to get from the name on the jersey.

Tough to hire a coach, these days.
What does hold clout is an organized and supportive environment. That is why Drew and Hurley stayed where they where. You need a certain size budget to meet that critical mass, but you can't be a huge budget clown show.

Last edited:
I love it personally. You just better have smart people leading your AD and your NIL. Thankfully we do and I could not be more grateful. I don't donate much in the scheme of things, but I am happy to contribute to those efforts. UT is doing great things with a lot of little donations compared to other programs with just a couple of whales. I always see people posting that we need more big donors, but honestly that was the issue at KY. A big donor had a falling out with Calipari and this is your result. When Haslam pulled too many strings Dooley was the result. You all can do the math for yourselves. Yes, we all need big donors, but now more than ever they need me and you too. We and the players are taking back control.
I think you missed that what you are loving right now is going to change into something completely different. Those in control do not like not having control.

Billy Donovan isn't leaving the NBA fir this clown show of the NIL era, players leaving every 15 seconds for the portal and still having to recruit high school players.

Right now being a college athletic Head Coach is hardest job in America and yes I'm going to say it, not even $12 million a year would change my mind.
I don't know $12 million. That's a lot.

Still glad I turned them down when they called me, though. 😂 rEsPeCt mY dEcIsIoN, bIsHeS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back