Recruiting Football Talk VII

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Helping" being the key word. He belongs in the GOAT discussion as well, but at that point he was the 3rd best scorer on his own team and only averaged 6.7 rebounds a game for a center.

Reaching.

In his equivalent playoff series he averaged 17 pts, 6 boards, 4 assists

Lebron just up 28 pts, 7 boards, 9 assists lol. It ain't close. But he's not able to play 3rd string.
This conversation is useless because if the young man stays healthy the San Antonio Spurs have probably the best athlete the NBA will ever see. Plus will top LeBron and Jordan as king of the castle.

Reactions: snickles
It's really nice seeing AD White's progress and how there's improvement in multiple sports in Knoxville. My question is, does anyone know about how his "assistant AD's etc" are doing? AD White won't be around forever and just wondering about the grooming process for his underlings.

I remember years ago a defensive tackle from Texas was the odds on favorite to be the #1 pick the next year.

Fast forward a year and he went in the 7th round.

Rodrique Wright was the name.

Point is… these early odds are pointless.
Wouldn't say "pointless". They're there for a reason. Better chance than not Pearce goes top-10 as does Sanders, but betting on #1 specifically is tricky because the team needs matter more than BPA.

Aidoo was the 12th best player in the portal.

If you're going to spend on the portal, there aren't many better.

Jmo but folks let a couple late games wash away what he did majority of the season. He was a beast for a good portion, hit an unfortunate late snag. He also improved a ton YoY, so he looks to have additional upside.
Aidoo is a great basketball player with a ceiling incredibly high. But he has also proven to be about himself and buckles under pressure. He gets soft. Its mental. When Aidoo was at his best, we were at our best. When he was at hisbworst, we were at our worst.

If you're desperate then yeah, spend that money for a 1 yr loan. You've got the money to spend. But thats an incredible amount, and youve got to build the rest of the roster around a potential liability, and build for the future with what you have left

You sound like one of those uppity IHOP patrons unable to cut it at the Waffle House.

tenor.gif

It's really nice seeing AD White's progress and how there's improvement in multiple sports in Knoxville. My question is, does anyone know about how his "assistant AD's etc" are doing? AD White won't be around forever and just wondering about the grooming process for his underlings.
No not “forever”, but he’s in his early 40’s. Many of the best AD’s go until their mid-70’s. Replacing Plowman someday is more of a top concern. She’s been stellar since her hire.

All I'm saying is...it happens, other teams have been losing midweek on the regular.
So many don't understand the difference who's pitching makes. It's not like football where you put the same team on field every game. In coaching when we were playing a team who was overmatched it was very easy to make a game competitive by putting in the right pitcher.
To keep a team sharp and grounded I wanted to be in situations every week where
you could lose one that you shouldn't and win one you shouldn't. Then you can say, "Boys, it could happen."

Mother-in-Law passed away at our house yesterday. Nothing sad. She is with Jesus. Signing some paperwork at the Funeral Home today for her cremation, my wife had to initial a paragraph stating she understood that cremation COULD NOT BE REVERSED. Is this just something for Alabama folks?
Very sorry for your loss. Very happy for your MIL's reunion with our Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back