Recruiting Football Talk VII

Status
Not open for further replies.
Super Regional picks:

Tennessee over Evansville
Oregon State over Kentucky
Texas A&M over Oregon
North Carolina over West Virginia (Mattresses will burn in Morgantown)
Virginia over Kansas State
Clemson over Florida ( hoping for a meteor around bottom of 9th inning of game 3)
N.C. State over Georgia
Connecticut over Florida State( upset special)
Is it me or is the CWS setting up to be one of the weaker group of 8 teams in recent memory? Assuming 1-4 ranked teams make CWS, Kentucky didn’t show well in SEC tourni, A&M has cooled down a bit from earlier in the season, and many of the traditional powerhouse programs are out. Also doesn’t seem to be the one “hot” team, both of which set up well for the Vols if they play consistent…

June 4, 1942
The Battle of Midway
begins. During that morning, after sending planes to attack the U.S. base at Midway, the Japanese carriers Akagi, Kaga and Soryu are fatally damaged by dive bombers from USS Enterprise (CV 6) and USS Yorktown (CV 5). Later in the day, USS Yorktown is abandoned after bomb and torpedo hits by planes from Hiryu. The latter is, in turn, knocked out by U.S. carrier planes. Compelled by their losses to abandon their plans to capture Midway, the Japanese retire westward. The battle is a decisive win for the U.S, bringing an end to Japanese naval superiority in the Pacific.

View attachment 645792
Loved the original Midway movie made in 1976. Ton of stars in it and a very accurate telling of the battle.

Super Regional picks:

Tennessee over Evansville
Oregon State over Kentucky
Texas A&M over Oregon
North Carolina over West Virginia (Mattresses will burn in Morgantown)
Virginia over Kansas State
Clemson over Florida ( hoping for a meteor around bottom of 9th inning of game 3)
N.C. State over Georgia
Connecticut over Florida State( upset special)
Here’s my CWS picks…
I think it’ll be an all SEC/ACC CWS…

My prediction of the 8 teams:

Bracket 1
- Tennessee
- Florida St.
- Virginia
- North Carolina

Bracket 2
- Kentucky
- Georgia
- Clemson
- Texas A&M

I just checked. That webbycobby bruh who didn't read any of the recruiting news posted here today has posted 11 times in this thread -- and never about recruiting. 😂 Bruh is not only a habitual whiner and sad sack, he's a poser.

I wouldn't answer him. He wants to bicker about nothing.
He just made the list..I won't be bickering with him any.

@Ulysees E. McGill will just give him the idiot speech and tell poster how dumb he is and after here @butchna comes with a paragraph reply that will take 2 days to figure out the insult.
Dude takes time away from his family and dependency support group to let us know we’re doing wrong and then keeps us updated quarterly…not much to hate.

Is it me or is the CWS setting up to be one of the weaker group of 8 teams in recent memory? Assuming 1-4 ranked teams make CWS, Kentucky didn’t show well in SEC tourni, A&M has cooled down a bit from earlier in the season, and many of the traditional powerhouse programs are out. Also doesn’t seem to be the one “hot” team, both of which set up well for the Vols if they play consistent…
Never let UT's strong performances against the field fool anyone about the field. The tourney is plenty tough. More home runs than ever. Maybe slightly less dominant pitching, but on any given day any of these teams can beat each other.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back