Recruiting Football Talk VII

Thank you!

Does the catcher not signal the calls any more?
I saw a catcher begin late in one of the regionals to signal the old fashioned way this past weekend. The announcer remarked that he didn't know if the electronic system had gone out or he was trying to distract the batter, hoping that he would try to steal signals. So apparently it's that rare.

Last edited:
I’ve been here a long time also. I also have never met any of you in person but feel like I know many of you. Sweet as Soda has been part of our on line family for several years and I absolutely hate what she is going through. She has always been kind and caring about all posters on here. No doubt she is a Tennessee girl and a super fan of the Tennessee Vols.Miracles happen every day and I hope she receives hers. Praying for you girl.
Yeah, power of prayer is absolute. In God's name we prayer for a full healing.

The news about Soda is hard to digest this morning. Hopefully she can tune back in soon and enjoy the time I had Coach V give her a shout out on Cameo. Some of y'all may have missed it the first time I shared it, enjoy..

That was great! Was this what caused Catbone to disappear?

Hopefully you get to create another one where Tony gets to say they won the college World Series for @SweetasSoda to inspire her recovery. 😢

So you know CTV personally?

Don't believe he is the type to say this game don't matter.
I have met him before but no I don’t know him like that. I have listened to many a coach discuss the tourney and how much they dislike it. It’s a meaningless tournament that teams don’t try their best to win. One year the two championship teams started pitchers that had over a ten era and about 18 innings combined pitched on the year… You are welcome to like it all you want… Personally, I wish they would cancel it.

Stupid rule. If you earn a regional or super regional you should have the home field advantage in every way possible. I know the crowd is a big part of it, but there is a lot to be said to getting the last at bat or not having to hit again as the case were.
I kinda like if we’re always the visiting team.
Means that we get 9 at bats! Continue to elevate the home runs #s. Just piling on the stress that home team has in the bottom of the 9th. Gotta get 9 runs 😈

On June 5, 1955, at Comiskey Park, Mickey Mantle, batting right-handed slugs a 550-foot home run against Chicago White Sox left-hander Billy Pierce in the 4th inning during the second game of the doubleheader. The blast clears the upper deck in left field at Comiskey Park. The Yankees would go to win the game in 10 innings 5-4.

Pierce tried to slip a fastball past Mickey and the Mick tore into it, sending a scorching high drive to left. The ball cleared the 360-foot mark, crossed the 160-foot roof and descended to smash a car windshield on 34th Street outside. Mantle’s blast went over the park’s 160-foot high left-field roof, directly above the field’s 360-foot mark. The ball eventually landed on a car parked on the other side of 34th Street, smashing the car’s windshield. A parking lot attendant recovered the ball.

Some papers reported that Mickey’s drive landed on the roof or hit a light tower but didn’t go out of the park. But the Comiskey Park attendants on the roof went to the Yankees locker room after the game to tell Mickey that his homer had cleared the roof and gone completely out of the park.

Only Jimmy Foxx had ever hit a ball that far. However, Mickey’s homer is the only one to have eyewitnesses to verify that it actually cleared the stadium.

1717606191149.png

I have met him before but no I don’t know him like that. I have listened to many a coach discuss the tourney and how much they dislike it. It’s a meaningless tournament that teams don’t try their best to win. One year the two championship teams started pitchers that had over a ten era and about 18 innings combined pitched on the year… You are welcome to like it all you want… Personally, I wish they would cancel it.
I will take your advice
. I love the tournament and newsflash conference Tournaments aren't going away anytime soon.

@SweetasSoda my prayers are with you and your family.

She is such a sweet soul. I will never forget when Oda was born, I can't remember who brought it up and started it. For those that weren't around, her name was Sweetassoda (lower case s). During this time I was laughing so during a break everyone in my office was trying to figure out what comedian I was listening to. Not long after it was changed to what it is now SweetasSoda.

Holding out hope. I don't believe she's gone yet. Prayers and hope can accomplish a lot.
Thanks Weezie, I edited my post. When I posted earlier, I had just pulled into work and was trying to catch up before I got out of my van. I misunderstood the OP.

I'm still praying for Oda and her family.

MY GOD CAN DO ALL THINGS

I will take your advice
. I love the tournament and newsflash conference Tournaments aren't going away anytime soon.
I know….. Have to make that money….I will continue to to watch something else and pray for no injuries…..Now the start of regionals through the college world series is absolutely amazing.

Reactions: knoxvol52

VN Store

Back