Recruiting Football Talk VII

Status
Not open for further replies.
Prayers for you also. Been through it with Mother in Law. Still going through it with Mom. God's got you and your Mom. Hang in there.
I get it. Yesterday was our first time pushing my MIL in a wheel chair. We're visiting my BIL in Virginia. Went to Jamestown and Williamsburg yesterday. Going to Monticello and UVA today. Maybe a third place. Virginian SIL is steering us around. Checking Vols by peeks at phone.

Continued prayers that however slow, SAS makes a full recovery.

June 8, 2024: You are making progress even though it seems like one inch at a time. Do not get discouraged when you feel you are moving at a snail pace. Stay focused on things that really matter, especially in the realm of the spirit. Lean on Me, says the Lord, and trust Me to be with you all the way. Proverbs 3:5-6 Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge Him, and He shall direct your paths.

This week, I'm ready for it to be over.

Continued prayers for @SweetasSoda .

Prayers for @Orangeredblooded . I hope you heal fast and feel better quickly.

Wednesday, I took my mom grocery shopping. She fell and broke her leg. She just lost her balance. Now she's in the hospital until at least Monday when they plan to send her to a physical rehab facility. Has been eating me up with worry.

My own mobility has been limited by my own busted knee and fracture.

Just have to keep grabbing hold of the good things to help pull me through the bad.
I.am so sorry Weezer. You know you and your mom are in our prayers.

My family members have degrees from a variety of universities which provided educational opportunities that led to job opportunities. My observation is career success mostly is what you do after college. What I have been posting on here is the actual college experience at some of these perceived top universities today (may have been in the past) isn’t what it’s marketed to be. Tell us where your degree is from so you can share your actual experience to refute my posts.

Career success is mostly what you do after college, I agree. But leaving college with a degree from Stanford gives you a head start.

Where I went to school doesn’t matter. That would be anecdotal (it wasn’t Stanford, I wouldn’t have gotten in). There are stats you can look up that speak to how well Stanford grads do vs competition when starting off in the workforce.

Reactions: VolByLaw
I.am so sorry Weezer. You know you and your mom are in our prayers.
I told her yesterday she did this just to one up me. I fracture my tibia; she breaks her femur.

Things happen in life. Thankfully, it's not life threatening. But I still worry. It's what a son does.

Can we fast forward to the part where they stop trying to make the wnba a thing?

Won't happen. I watch PTI a lot. The only ESPN show that's half way decent besides an actual game. You can easily tell when Mike and Tony are being forced to do an WBNA segment. They seemed disinterested and try to speed it along

Career success is mostly what you do after college, I agree. But leaving college with a degree from Stanford gives you a head start.

Where I went to school doesn’t matter. That would be anecdotal (it wasn’t Stanford, I wouldn’t have gotten in). There are stats you can look up that speak to how well Stanford grads do vs competition when starting off in the workforce.
So you admit you have zero personal experience here, but your Google skills trump all else? I provide you first hand accounts and you want to argue I’m wrong. Obviously you’re the smartest guy in the room. I’m done here.

Reactions: Smokey19rt
Speaking of @nicksjuzunk is he still on here? He was a great poster. Really liked that guy

Edit: I just seen @Jackcrevol comment about him still being around
SIAP, but he still pops in from time to time. I think he is just busy taking care of his family and dealing with life.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back