Recruiting Football Talk VII

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know...I am just trying to prepare folks for the worst and make them understand that nothing these teams have done to this point matters...anything can happen.
It can and you are correct. But that doesn't mean we don't have superior talent and home field advantage. Both can be true at the same time.

Get ready for “junkville” tomorrow. They will everything , including the kitchen sink, at us. Sechrist better be ready to go.
I think the whole college baseball sports world knows that to beat us you throw someone with junk pitching. I think we will get nothing but that and its time to make the adjustment that we didnt make after the 2nd inning today

How's our pitching looking? Did we go through the relievers too, or are we in a better spot?
For tomorrow we still have Sechrist, Loy, Combs, Behnke, Phillips, Stamos, Snead, Garcia, and all the other freshmen. If we get 4-5 out of Sechrist tomorrow, I think we will be just fine.

I hope Anderson will let the pitchers pitch to their strengths tomorrow. We are set up well with Sechrist, Loy, Phillips and Combs to close this out.

Pulled Beam way too quick and pitch calling was strange with Snead out there. Going off speed breaking balls with a flame thrower rarely works out well.

We got out coached and our pitching stunk. It's baseball. Good wake up call. Glad the mess happened today and not when it mattered most. Go win this thing tomorrow.

Reactions: Billy Antrim
I hope Anderson will let the pitchers pitch to their strengths tomorrow. We are set up well with Sechrist, Loy, Phillips and Combs to close this out.

Pulled Beam way too quick and pitch calling was strange with Snead out there. Going off speed breaking balls with a flame thrower rarely works out well.

We got out coached and our pitching stunk. It's baseball. Good wake up call. Glad the mess happened today and not when it mattered most. Go win this thing tomorrow.
They went with offspeed for Snead cuz he wasnt locating the fastball

Reactions: Ulysees E. McGill
How's our pitching looking? Did we go through the relievers too, or are we in a better spot?
We should be ok…..much better than them, but these guys are playing on “house money”. We need to jump on them early, like we did today, and put more steam on (like we did NOT do today).

My guess we sill start Sechrist with Loy up next.

I disagree, I think we left Beam in too long when they started hitting on him, I think after the 2nd run he should’ve been pulled

Pulled Beam too quick? He seemed to be struggling.

He was struggling for 1 2/3 innings, and allowed what, the first 3 or 4 runs? We should have pulled him before they scored 2 runs and got us in a jam
Pitchers are the most psychologically delicate position of all the major sports. It’s a difficult balance. You have to let them work through jams/tough spots to build the mental confidence and fortitude that they can. Otherwise you pull them after 1-2 runs and then they develop the yips and don’t have confidence in their stuff and then you can kiss their reliability goodbye.

Pitchers are the most psychologically delicate position of all the major sports. It’s a difficult balance. You have to let them work through jams/tough spots to build the mental confidence and fortitude that they can. Otherwise you pull them after 1-2 runs and then they develop the yips and don’t have confidence in their stuff and then you can kiss their reliability goodbye.
I think it depends on the situation, but in situations like today it probably would have been best to pull him sooner. In todays case he was dealing then started struggling and it was getting worst each ab

I think it depends on the situation, but in situations like today it probably would have been best to pull him sooner. In todays case he was dealing then started struggling and it was getting worst each ab
Oh I get it. I thought they left Beam in too long too. He either gets jumped on very early or by the second and third time thru (around the 4th inning) you can stick a fork in him.

Reactions: Grandpa4
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back