Recruiting Football Talk VII

Status
Not open for further replies.
Opinions are like an a**h*** everyone has one
I’ll play this dumb game, the Yankees and Dodgers two big market teams that perennially have the most money to spend on players every year. Aside from having the most obnoxious media bases and fans from my last post there is more to it…

It’s like rooting for which billionaire has the most net worth on the Forbes list. Point is when you have the most money to spend then every other team are you really doing anything that great?

You outspend the competition and that has never been “impressive” to me or anybody else and about 80% of the population with a functioning brain understand this, so yeah just an “opinion”

I’m sure you’ll say some guys on the dodgers or Yankees came up from the farm system which is great but also doesn’t take away from the above fact. So congrats on rooting for teams with most money.

I’ll play this dumb game, the Yankees and Dodgers two big market teams that perennially have the most money to spend on players every year. Aside from having the most obnoxious media bases and fans from my last post there is more to it…

It’s like rooting for which billionaire has the most net worth on the Forbes list. Point is when you have the most money to spend then every other team are you really doing anything that great?

You outspend the competition and that has never been “impressive” to me or anybody else and about 80% of the population with a functioning brain understand this, so yeah just an “opinion”

I’m sure you’ll say some guys on the dodgers or Yankees came up from the farm system which is great but also doesn’t take away from the above fact. So congrats on rooting for teams with most money.
Yup. Congrats you’re in a humongous market in a non-salary cap sport. You win a cookie.

Any idea why Moore was not at second yesterday? Seems one of the middle innings we had two potential double play balls in a row in which we only got one out on both and it seemed like one of those small key plays he would have made…
CMo injured his leg sliding in game 1. I don't recall if it was knee or hip. Terrible break for us.

Any idea why Moore was not at second yesterday? Seems one of the middle innings we had two potential double play balls in a row in which we only got one out on both and it seemed like one of those small key plays he would have made…
I agree. They claimed he tweaked his leg/hip on the slide at home the day before, just a precaution. He was also really pizzed at the home plate ump. He needs to keep his emotions in check and quit thinking long ball every AB. A couple of base hits at the right time by him while playing good D yesterday changes that outcome IMO.

If I wanted good D at 2B with C-Mo at DH, I would rather have Antiqua start than Lohry. I also would have started Peebles at C and had Cal fresh for today if needed.

CMo injured his leg sliding in game 1. I don't recall if it was knee or hip. Terrible break for us.
Not positive about this, but it looked like he tweaked it 2 or 3 games ago. He had a ground ball to his left and after making the play it looked like he limped a little.

Reactions: Vols4us
Happy Sunday. Continued prayers for SAS and all those mending.

June 9, 2024: Walk in the light of life in the Spirit. I hear your cries for revival, and yet you often feed on that which brings spiritual death. You set your mind and thoughts on things that tie you to the world and deplete your vitality. Rise up now and seek to be established in new life and power that only comes through relationship with Me, says the Lord. Then you will be revived. Ephesians 5:14 Therefore He says: Awake, you who sleep, arise from the dead, and Christ will give you light.

A very knowledgeable poster in the baseball forum (TaylorVol) posted last night that "CMO will be back at 2B tomorrow. I hope he’s better as his leg was obviously giving him discomfort today. He didn’t even take infield practice today so I hope it isn’t anything serious."

It is a little annoying that KNS always seems to take the negative path with UT sports.

Imo, it's UT's fault. They continue letting their reporters on campus, with years & years of evidence and the likes of Jon Adams to prove to them that KNS is just a rag, nothing more than to wipe your a** with.

I wouldn't let them into the parking lot, much less the facilities. How many hit-pieces, negative angles, and outright opposition do you have to read over the years, to realize there is no difference in the KNS than there is in Birmingham News & Atlanta Journal-Constitution, as it relates to Vol sports.

Jimmy Johnson, Barry Switzer and Pete Carroll say look at my Super Bowl Rings.
Barry Switzer only has one because of Jimmy Johnson. He did nothing but stand there. If Jerry Jones’s ego had not gotten in the way, the Cowboys would have won 5-8 more Super Bowls with Jimmy Johnson at the helm. Possibly the most impressive show of owner ignorance in the history of the NFL. 😡

It’d be so Tennessee for Evansville to be razor thin at pitching and have to go to a position player to win the game and they do just that a la KY and their WR @ QB.

I’m fully prepared for the choke job of the century today. Optimism just ain’t there today mostly due to our pitching.

Hope the BaseVols prove me wrong today!

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back