Recruiting Football Talk VII

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a friend who is getting a divorce. I asked him what happened. He said his wife asked him to name all of his sexual partners, in order from the time he lost his virginity. He said he realized too late he probably should have stopped when he got to his wife's name on the list.

Two greatest historic teams in MLB.
Cardinals are in the conversation. More championships than the Dodgers. And, I hate the Cardinals. So are the Red Sox and A's as they also have more WS championships than the Dodgers. Hell, the Cubs have three and the Dodgers only have 7.

BVS is still infecting some of you. Yes, baseball is stupid at times or else the Reds never would have swept the Dodgers recently. This team needed a wake up call. Better to have happened yesterday than during the CWS.

Expectations are still high. Our guys are resilient and talented. EU used up their better pitching staff from two games in which we scored a total of 19 runs and should have had more. Patience at the plate and stop chasing outside the zone. Pitchers need to keep it down in the zone and work in and out. Quit throwing fastballs and sliders belt high over the plate. If they go up, make it letter high fast balls only. If any of them cannot do that, CTV needs to yank them and put in the next. They have four experienced, battle tested, rested guys in Sechrist, Loy, Phillips and Combs. Even Causey can come in for an inning or two if needed.

Go out, have fun, hang 20 on them and take care of business. Omaha bound.
Not sure about Loy or Phillips. But, they are options. I think we could get a couple of innings out of Snead also. Behnke could also throw again today, I think.

I’ll play this dumb game, the Yankees and Dodgers two big market teams that perennially have the most money to spend on players every year. Aside from having the most obnoxious media bases and fans from my last post there is more to it…

It’s like rooting for which billionaire has the most net worth on the Forbes list. Point is when you have the most money to spend then every other team are you really doing anything that great?

You outspend the competition and that has never been “impressive” to me or anybody else and about 80% of the population with a functioning brain understand this, so yeah just an “opinion”

I’m sure you’ll say some guys on the dodgers or Yankees came up from the farm system which is great but also doesn’t take away from the above fact. So congrats on rooting for teams with most money.
As much as I hate them, the Yankees are the most historic and best franchise in sports history. 27 World championships. 27!! They were good before the eras of huge spending. Not even debatable IMO.

Update on @SweetasSoda, her labs looked much better today and no seizures this far. Other good news is they’ve cut her sedation way back, she’s still on the ventilator because of the sedation but she’s breathing on her own so she’s making progress. Continue praying for Soda. Prayer definitely changes things
🙏🙏🙏🧡🧡🧡🤠

It’d be so Tennessee for Evansville to be razor thin at pitching and have to go to a position player to win the game and they do just that a la KY and their WR @ QB.

I’m fully prepared for the choke job of the century today. Optimism just ain’t there today mostly due to our pitching.

Hope the BaseVols prove me wrong today!
You got to get over this, man. If they have your mentality, they are done. Good thing they don't. They know they're going to win.

I’ll play this dumb game, the Yankees and Dodgers two big market teams that perennially have the most money to spend on players every year. Aside from having the most obnoxious media bases and fans from my last post there is more to it…

It’s like rooting for which billionaire has the most net worth on the Forbes list. Point is when you have the most money to spend then every other team are you really doing anything that great?

You outspend the competition and that has never been “impressive” to me or anybody else and about 80% of the population with a functioning brain understand this, so yeah just an “opinion”

I’m sure you’ll say some guys on the dodgers or Yankees came up from the farm system which is great but also doesn’t take away from the above fact. So congrats on rooting for teams with most money.
That’s not even close to true…. the teams that you should be upset with are the teams that don’t try to compete. The Dodgers have built possibly the best farm team in baseball…. developed a pitching and hitting lab….. They take other teams cast offs and make them stars… Justin Turner…. Max Muncy….Chris Taylor… Tyler Anderson…. and many more. There are many teams that spend money that struggle to win games… Yankees until this year…. the Mets etc. It is not that hard to develop a good baseball team. Stop wasting money on marginal players….

1. Develop good scouts/people at each level
2. Create a Hitting and pitching lab that can judge players based off metrics instead of stats
3. Hold guys in the minors to delay their clock from starting
4. Identify stars early and sign them to cheaper long term contracts(like the Braves)

Go Dodgers!!

It’d be so Tennessee for Evansville to be razor thin at pitching and have to go to a position player to win the game and they do just that a la KY and their WR @ QB.

I’m fully prepared for the choke job of the century today. Optimism just ain’t there today mostly due to our pitching.

Hope the BaseVols prove me wrong today!
1000012393.gif

Barry Switzer only has one because of Jimmy Johnson. He did nothing but stand there. If Jerry Jones’s ego had not gotten in the way, the Cowboys would have won 5-8 more Super Bowls with Jimmy Johnson at the helm. Possibly the most impressive show of owner ignorance in the history of the NFL. 😡
Jimmy would’ve at least added that unprecedented third straight. And two more imo. He was maniacal and burned too hot in his process to last beyond that. He was never Don Shula or Bill Belichick or even Tom Landry who would have happily and willingly died in the director’s chair. But I agree Jerry weirdly needing football cred instead of focusing on his true gift…marketing and profit generation, doomed what could have been a dynasty that stood up with any in history.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back