Recruiting Football Talk VII

Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess we're both doing as well as can be expected. Just takes time to heal.
Need anything buddy? I think we both know at this point, Nashville trip is off (I loved that running joke between us). One or maybe both of us are too broke down. Seriously, do you or mom need anything?? Just let me know. We’ve always got each other, but know if you or mom need anything just send up the ORB signal. I’m being serious here. There’s a few select members here that have my personal number. I mean this, dammit.

I think we arguing the same points…. I said that we didn’t play that well…. especially our pitchers missing their spots this game…. you said that if we play our best that we would annihilate them…. I said that it will be our worse loss in history…. you said that it would be the most painful loss in history.
View attachment 647017
I know it nay just be semantics to you...but Worst Loss in History does not mean the same thing to me as Most Painful Loss in History.

For example of what I'm saying the difference is...IMO the worst loss in Tennessee Football history is Tiger High in 96. That was a absolutely disgusting loss and to thus day it makes ZERO sense...we were in full 90s dominance mode and loaded to the gills with talent...and lost to a 3-6 glorified HS team...but it is not the "most painful" loss...I think it may be recency bias, but I would put the SC loss in 22 as the most painful.

None of this inane bickering matters though...we both just want to win tomorrow.

BVS is still infecting some of you. Yes, baseball is stupid at times or else the Reds never would have swept the Dodgers recently. This team needed a wake up call. Better to have happened yesterday than during the CWS.

Expectations are still high. Our guys are resilient and talented. EU used up their better pitching staff from two games in which we scored a total of 19 runs and should have had more. Patience at the plate and stop chasing outside the zone. Pitchers need to keep it down in the zone and work in and out. Quit throwing fastballs and sliders belt high over the plate. If they go up, make it letter high fast balls only. If any of them cannot do that, CTV needs to yank them and put in the next. They have four experienced, battle tested, rested guys in Sechrist, Loy, Phillips and Combs. Even Causey can come in for an inning or two if needed.

Go out, have fun, hang 20 on them and take care of business. Omaha bound.

BVS is still infecting some of you. Yes, baseball is stupid at times or else the Reds never would have swept the Dodgers recently. This team needed a wake up call. Better to have happened yesterday than during the CWS.

Expectations are still high. Our guys are resilient and talented. EU used up their better pitching staff from two games in which we scored a total of 19 runs and should have had more. Patience at the plate and stop chasing outside the zone. Pitchers need to keep it down in the zone and work in and out. Quit throwing fastballs and sliders belt high over the plate. If they go up, make it letter high fast balls only. If any of them cannot do that, CTV needs to yank them and put in the next. They have four experienced, battle tested, rested guys in Sechrist, Loy, Phillips and Combs. Even Causey can come in for an inning or two if needed.

IMG_7196.gif

Any idea why Moore was not at second yesterday? Seems one of the middle innings we had two potential double play balls in a row in which we only got one out on both and it seemed like one of those small key plays he would have made…

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back