Recruiting Football Talk VII

Status
Not open for further replies.
I found the bit from last night, but I can't tell who asked the question. He asked not only if a loss today would be an unsuccessful season, but "another unsuccessful season." wtf. Still waiting on tonight post-game.

Question: "You guys being the number 1 team all season long [sic], it's the same narrative, does tomorrow's game weigh then a little bit more for you guys, meaning, if you guys lose it could be another unsuccessful season for you guys?" [wtf]

Tony: "No. There is no way that it is not a successful season. Basically, the way the numbers go, we don’t need to worry about anything other than tomorrow. The numbers go: you want to play at home, you would like to be playing first in a regional if you can, then if you are fortunate enough to get to a super regional, then it’s a race to two wins. That’s really all it is. If you are bored and you're on your phone for too long, or you get involved in social media chats, which will be up to you all, not our players, then you could paint all kinds of pictures tomorrow. But really what it is, is we are fortunate enough to host Evansville, one of the best teams in the country, and we are trying to win the series tomorrow."

But Tony doesn't seem ruffled, perhaps slightly exasperated but unsurprised that he has to talk with an idiot. But I'm sure it didn't sit well with him or the players.

The included video from last night at 8:10.
I guess people don't understand how much parity there is in a game like baseball. Far more than football, and even more than basketball. How many times has a true Cinderella team even sniffed a National Title? Zero. Now how many times in basketball? A few over the years, but it happens. Now baseball, when you have to play series after series after series to win a title, anything is possible. People that don't understand the game should just sit back and observe, or maybe do a little research into how the game works and the many nuances of making a championship run. Dolts with press badges are the mehest of the meh.

Hats off to the Purple Ace (and Garys), on playing waay outside their minds. I maintain they are one if the better teams in baseball.

Well coached. Just a bunch of dudes who play together. Man, even on a routine fly out those dudes do t get cheated. Rarely strike out, and hit the heck out of left handed pitching. Lot of sold balls to opposite field.

Solid win, on to OMAHaaaa.

Yep and don’t forget Tnvols72 who seldom posts unless it criticizes players/coached. Being the last kids picked for recess teams scarred them for life. 😜
He’s at least made an appearance and posted in here. He also occasionally posts when a home run happens for us too. Still, he disappeared for quite a while yesterday as well

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back