Recruiting Football Talk VII

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey, I’m one of those “realists” and gladly was proven wrong. Those guys were other worldly yesterday, especially Zander when I was very skeptical of our pitching.
This team is an elite team. Our offense is elite. Our pitching is elite as a group. ERA and wins proves that. Even elite teams are going to have an off night. Yes, we may take 3 games to win some series, but no team wants that series to be against us.

This team is like the biggest boa constrictor in college baseball. We may not have one guy that knocks you out, but as a collective we will suffocate anyone.

Last edited:
I'm only a realist with things that aren't expected.

Vols winning game 3 of Supers to make Omaha, expect that. I was more impressed with how much we controlled that game than the outcome.

Vols basketball making a Final Four, believe it when I see it. I think we've had teams good enough, but there is also a reason it's not happened yet (it's really damn hard to do).

I have thought for awhile now that Zander is one of our best pitchers...I'm just happy he was able to step up and dominate even with terrible fielding to start and an inconsistent zone from the ump.

Well, then, if the NCAA simply moved the Elite 8 basketball games to the FF site, then all eight teams would all be "Final Four" teams.

Or do you want to say that baseball is easier because, according to you, 8 teams make the Final Four, which is ridiculous.

CWS is absolutely huge. No reason to exaggerate.
Lol - if they did

Well, they don’t. Omaha is the final grouping.

Why are you so lathered up over this.

I'm only a realist with things that aren't expected.

Vols winning game 3 of Supers to make Omaha, expect that. I was more impressed with how much we controlled that game than the outcome.

Vols basketball making a Final Four, believe it when I see it. I think we've had teams good enough, but there is also a reason it's not happened yet (it's really damn hard to do).

I have thought for awhile now that Zander is one of our best pitchers...I'm just happy he was able to step up and dominate even with terrible fielding to start and an inconsistent zone from the ump.
I was grateful he kept his hat on. Lol

I think the early lead cost us Saturday. I think the comeback Saturday and the suffocating domination Sunday preps well for Omaha.

That Saturday loss clearly gave Tony and the team some juice.

Like Tony said we will pick up where Evansville left off and play the role of underdog. Since no number one has won the tournament.

I've been away all evening because my wife got in a fender bender right before the game (everyone is ok). Glad to see the dominant win, but really eager to seen if there are any updates on @SweetasSoda since @VOLSONLY posted earlier about her kidneys. I've been worried that I might have missed the latest. Any help? Still praying frequently.
They said last night there was pretty much no change. Please continue to pray for her

Name a recruit you were super hyped about, but we didn’t land, then they never amounted to anything anyways….

I’ll go first

2018 class, edge Jordan Davis

Was from Memphis and flirted with us once Pruitt was hired. Spurned us at the end iirc.

Never heard from again

Reactions: Volunteer821
A sign that America is rapidly declining
Let’s keep it real, a lot of those places don’t make food like they use to anymore. I went to Olive Garden not long ago and ordered my fav chicken scampi, and it tasted like it came from a gas station. I couldn’t believe that sh*t.

Name a recruit you were super hyped about, but we didn’t land, then they never amounted to anything anyways….

I’ll go first

2018 class, edge Jordan Davis

Was from Memphis and flirted with us once Pruitt was hired. Spurned us at the end iirc.

Never heard from again
I’ll go another kid from Memphis, Maurice Hampton . Wanted him at safety bad, kid ended up sucking.

There are some famous knights that were part of King Arthur's round table. Sir Lancelot, Sir Galahad, Sir Gawain. There is a little known knight who should get more recognition since he built the Round Table: Sir Cumference.
I work in engineering and have a coworker who is a horrible speller. He actually spelled circumference “sircumference”. Also cul-de-sac was “culty sack” and hostile was “hostel”. Those were just some of the more funny ones I remember.

What Tony has done at Tennessee with not much support in the first 4-5 years with facilities and baseball history in the back half of the conference is like if someone took Kansas football to the CFP multiple times. It’s just remarkable. Not to mention being in the same state as another powerhouse and great coach In Corbin and Vanderbilt during their dominance. Also Kevin O’Sullivan at Florida being in the same division as well as multiple other strong programs in conference that had a leg up with facilities and money. If it can be done in baseball there’s no excuses for the other sports of Football, Basketball, WBB and Softball

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back