Recruiting Football Talk VII

Status
Not open for further replies.
I absolutely suck at betting baseball like @bignewt said..betting baseball is tricky But I’ll tell you a little secret on MLB and you can throw a 5$ on it just to check my stats but watch the run line.if it goes from high favorite odds or + odds down to -106,-114 or -102,-118,-120,-115,-105 that’s a underdog winning and those are the only games I play.dont pick more than 2…always play the ML.

I never look at those tbh lol

Like I said previously, I’ll just use the last 10-20 games as a “guide” to make a better guess. If someone is on a hot streak or has covered the line 90% of the time. Then I’ll look at certain matchups, if it looks good, ill bet it.

Reactions: UTSuave’
I never look at those tbh lol

Like I said previously, I’ll just use the last 10-20 games as a “guide” to make a better guess. If someone is on a hot streak or has covered the line 90% of the time. Then I’ll look at certain matchups, if it looks good, ill bet it.

Trust me..trip🤞🏽

1718280460097.gif

You guys have sold me...I'm going try some..I love my Skechers, they feel awesome new, but the insoles that make them feel so great wear out in a few months.

But...these OCs cost 2-3 times more...so hopefully they last 2-3 times longer.
Buy 2-3 pairs of Skechers and rotate them daily.
The sole of a shoe needs 24 hours of rest minimum to recover totally from being worn for a full day or a long run. If you alternate the shoes then they will last much much longer.

I used to do the same thing and would go through 3-4 pairs a year.
I read an article in a running magazine that detailed what I said above. I bought 2 pairs and they lasted a year.
Every time my favorite shoe goes on sale, I buy them. I got a really good deal on sale and now wear a different pair every day of the week. I have had these for 4 years now and they still feel brand new. FYI

Oh you youngins, or oldies. How you forget...the surgeon.

Btw, seeing Maddog, Crime Dog, Mark Lemke, and Mark Grace & Rhyno makes me smile. And there's Chipper.

Also, how the **** did we not win more titles??🤦🏼‍♂️

Toronto, Yankees were strong teams in the 90's. Won 6/10 titles between the two of them.

Oh you youngins, or oldies. How you forget...the surgeon.

Btw, seeing Maddog, Crime Dog, Mark Lemke, and Mark Grace & Rhyno makes me smile. And there's Chipper.

Also, how the **** did we not win more titles??🤦🏼‍♂️

I love Maddux but throwing a 2 seamer at 88-89 vs 94-95 with the same amount of break is not the same lol

I love Maddux but throwing a 2 seamer at 88-89 vs 94-95 with the same amount of break is not the same lol
IMG_7245.jpeg
Obviously not, the point is there is no need for pitch speed with location. His changeup and curveball were disguised so well, and broke so hard. And had such command of them, it didnt matter.

Funny story actually…back when I first started betting forever ago…I was on a cold streak still learning the lines…I said F** it and went straight down the line on a loaded MLB game day..like 12 games I think so essentially a 12 leg picked all favorite and put a 1$ on it…SMACKED IT 😭😂😂 I kick myself everyday over it..100$ would have won me 30k..so you never know…don’t mean to get your blood pumping @Enki_Amenra 😭😂😂

View attachment 648246
View attachment 648247
👀

Good morning all, finally got a decent night's sleep...... First in a week. Fevers broke on all but one goat yesterday morning. She was still running fever so I dosed her with a combo of Exceed and NuFlor at a little over recommended dose after consulting vet and last night fever broke.

Had a buck that had an allergic reaction to the fever reducer that didn't respond to Benadryl so we hit him with a steroid last night. He's cleared up this morning. Been a crazy week but with heat coming this weekend I was extremely worried about fever with temps in the mid to high 90's.

Thanks for all the thoughts and prayers.

And best wishes for SaS and all of you with sick family. I can't imagine how stressful this must be for you all......

Anyone can do anything they want to any picture they wanted for free at "Luma AI". It bed time fore Sally Tuesday II, make everyone's avatar a GIF, 😂. I'd do it if it weren't such a pita getting it to post here.
It would probably be easier if I just made a bunch of gifs and edited them together in a video and posted them using youtube.

I am testing @InVOLuntary driving the pontoon down a tsunami wave with coach Banks screaming in the front, 😂

Edit: 😂. . . it just made the waves splash around the boat. It made the T flag wave that @InVOLuntary is holding and it made Banks mouth move like he's screaming

Doing @Ulysees E. McGill 's next, 😂. If I can make any good ones I'll try to post them.

What should @Glitch 's avatar do?

Last edited:
On 13 June 1920, the United States banned the sending of people by parcel post after a number of instances and a previous unsuccessful attempt to outlaw the bizarre practice

It’s fairly common for a new invention to take a little while to iron out its kinks - but one of the more unusual examples of this cliche was the U.S. Post Office’s parcel service, launched in January 1913.

The new practice - which had previously only been able to deliver letters by mail - immediately widened the horizons of millions of Americans, allowing them never-before-known access to all kinds of goods and services. Not all of those services would be familiar to a modern audience, who use the post far less frequently than our predecessors.

Some seven and a half years after the parcel service began in the States, the U.S. Post Office was forced to make one serious change to its terms and conditions.

While parents choosing to mail their offspring didn’t become an epidemic in terms of numbers, there were enough instances to back up the prohibition of the somewhat bizarre use of the service.

Representatives for the National Postal Museum, based in Washington D.C., had previously spoken about the phenomenon, explaining that the early days of the service was somewhat of a ‘wild west’ environment, with rules differing from county to county.

Nancy Pope, the late curator of history at the museum, told the Washington Post, “It was a bit of a mess. You had different towns getting away with different things, depending on how their postmaster read the regulations”.

The museum has so far confirmed at least seven instances of people posting their children before the practice was banned.

While it wasn’t very common, it was, in actual fact, cheaper to buy the stamps to send a child by Railway Mail than to buy a ticket on a traditional passenger train.

Handing over your flesh and blood to a stranger might make even the least maternal or paternal among us baulk at the very idea and, luckily, this wasn’t actually the case for the vast majority of children-by-mail.

At the time, many families knew their postman quite well and, in the 1914 case of May Pierstorff, whose parents sent her to her grandparent’s house 73 miles (or 117 km) away.

Regardless of the connection, Pierstorff’s parents did physically attach stamps to their five-year-old daughter’s coat, prompting the then-Postmaster General Albert S. Burleson to ban postal workers from accepting humans as mail.

A children’s book, entitled ‘Mailing May’ was published in 1997 based on her adventure, although no physical evidence of the girl’s trip survives.

The 1914 attempted ban perhaps unsurprisingly didn’t work and, just one year later, a woman in Florida mailed her six-year-old daughter to her father’s home in Virginia some 720 miles - or 1158 km - away. The journey costs just 15 cents in stamps - and is recorded as the longest ever postal trip made by a living being.

Many subsequent attempts were rejected and those that were successful saw the postmaster in charge of the mailings cautioned and questioned over the decisions to allow the transits.

On June 13, 1920, the ban eventually stuck after the then-First Assistant Postmaster General John C. Koons declared that children could not be classified as “harmless live animals”.

View attachment 648237
Love this board! Saw a tweet referencing this practice a couple of weeks back. Spent my entire 29 year tenure in Texas not even wondering how Burleson (hometown of Kelly Clarkson) got it’s name. 😏

For the Golf experts. I only play couple times a year. The question is does the long handled putter work better than the other one?

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back