Recruiting Football Talk VII

Status
Not open for further replies.
I drove from crossville to Memphis and watched the entire thing
On a galaxy fold 5 windshield mount
Mostly listened but was distracted when there were 2 strikes

Loved seeing us mow them down
Not once did I suffer tight sphincter syndrome
Love the story! Go Vols! But maybe go with radio next time for safety, my man.

Solves a problem that doesn't really exist IMO. Yeah going through Spring practice is nice, but do we really need kids signing half a year before they enroll, and a full year before they ever even get to a Fall camp?

I'm sure the coaches like the idea of getting kids in the boat super early, but I doubt hardly any kids would do this. The main point of signing in December is being able to enroll in the Spring. And of the kids that did sign in June, how many would want out after something inevitably changes during their senior season...

Unless I'm misunderstanding and this is a signing period for the year of. As in you sign your LOI and you are in Fall camp a month later. Equally unnecessary for different reasons.
I’d add that we see kids jump in the portal with the ink still wet in FEBRUARY. Too many things happen AFTER June…such as a SEASON. Dan Mullen is warding off overtures from the NFL one second, facilitating his wife tongue kissing ESPN interns the next. 😳 What you sign onto in June might be kaput by November. I see the bonus for those kids who’ve made a solid commitment and simply want to concentrate on their senior season, but how many fit that description?

Reactions: VolsDoc81TX
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back