Recruiting Football Talk VII

Status
Not open for further replies.
Of course I'm biased as a Braves fan, but I've always thought this Otis Nixon catch was one of the all-time greats. When you climb the wall to take away a home run, that's pretty spectacular.

Otis “cocaine train” Nixon
She don’t lie, She don’t lie, Cocaine

That sign was taken up from me at a Braves game. 😂

Good morning, winners!
Sup GIF - Sup - Discover & Share GIFs

Ruidoso_fire.jpg

I'm requesting big prayers from VN for the villages of Ruidoso and Ruidoso Downs, NM. Two fires started Monday on the Mescalero Apache reservation west of town, and in three days have torched 25,000 acres and1400 structures at last count, including the homes of at least two sets of our friends living there.

We sold our house there a few years ago, but we just visited our friends there in May. Luckily the wife and I decided to visit Colorado this week instead of our usual June trip to Ruidoso. We thank God that He was looking out for us!

View attachment 650995

I'm requesting big prayers from VN for the villages of Ruidoso and Ruidoso Downs, NM. Two fires started Monday on the Mescalero Apache reservation west of town, torching 1400 structures at last count, including the homes of at least two sets of our friends living there.

We sold our house there a few years ago, but we just visited our friends there in May. Luckily the wife and I decided to visit Colorado this week instead of our usual June trip to Ruidoso. We thank God that He was looking out for us!
Prayers for all impacted and the emergency workers.

View attachment 650995

I'm requesting big prayers from VN for the villages of Ruidoso and Ruidoso Downs, NM. Two fires started Monday on the Mescalero Apache reservation west of town, and in three days have torched 25,000 acres and1400 structures at last count, including the homes of at least two sets of our friends living there.

This is what’s left of my best friend’s parents’ house in Ruidoso…they lost everything. Please include them in your prayers as they are in their early 80s. This will not be easy as they make decisions over the next few days. It was honestly God looking over them that my friend was visiting them on Monday and was there to evacuate them. Devastating…

IMG_5585.jpeg

This would've been a good idea.

Solves a problem that doesn't really exist IMO. Yeah going through Spring practice is nice, but do we really need kids signing half a year before they enroll, and a full year before they ever even get to a Fall camp?

I'm sure the coaches like the idea of getting kids in the boat super early, but I doubt hardly any kids would do this. The main point of signing in December is being able to enroll in the Spring. And of the kids that did sign in June, how many would want out after something inevitably changes during their senior season...

Unless I'm misunderstanding and this is a signing period for the year of. As in you sign your LOI and you are in Fall camp a month later. Equally unnecessary for different reasons.

This is what’s left of my best friend’s parents’ house in Ruidoso…they lost everything. Please include them in your prayers as they are in their early 80s. This will not be easy as they make decisions over the next few days. It was honestly God looking over them that my friend was visiting them on Monday and was there to evacuate them. Devastating…

View attachment 651005
Wow, prayers sent.

Solves a problem that doesn't really exist IMO. Yeah going through Spring practice is nice, but do we really need kids signing half a year before they enroll, and a full year before they ever even get to a Fall camp?

I'm sure the coaches like the idea of getting kids in the boat super early, but I doubt hardly any kids would do this. The main point of signing in December is being able to enroll in the Spring. And of the kids that did sign in June, how many would want out after something inevitably changes during their senior season...

Unless I'm misunderstanding and this is a signing period for the year of. As in you sign your LOI and you are in Fall camp a month later. Equally unnecessary for different reasons.
It has more to do with the portal I think. This would allow coaches to finalize their classes earlier and give more time to kids they want to keep or take from the portal.

It has more to do with the portal I think. This would allow coaches to finalize their classes earlier and give more time to kids they want to keep or take from the portal.
Oh okay I guess I thought the portal windows were completely different than the HS signing periods for some reason.

View attachment 651005
So sorry to hear this. Please know we wish them, and you, and your whole family the best. So glad the friend was there to help. Something good will happen. I remind myself of this when things like this happen. I lost all my possessions (in temporary storage for a move) in a fire once due to an arsonist. I know how that feels. But, of course, I was not 80. The evacuation was the biggest thing. Peace be with them and with you. Are you from NM or did they retire there? I lived in NM for 4 years and loved it there.

Last edited:
On June 20, 1975, Jaws, a film directed by Steven Spielberg that made countless viewers afraid to go into the water, opens in theaters. The story of a great white shark that terrorizes a New England resort town became an instant blockbuster and the highest-grossing film in movie history until it was bested by 1977's Star Wars. Jaws was nominated for an Academy Award in the Best Picture category and took home three Oscars, for Best Film Editing, Best Original Score and Best Sound. The film, a breakthrough for director Spielberg, then 27 years old, spawned several sequels.

1718898654955.png

1718898697848.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back