Recruiting Football Talk VII

Status
Not open for further replies.
So sorry to hear this. Please know we wish them, and you, and your whole family the best. So glad the friend was there to help. Something good will happen. I remind myself of this when things like this happen. I lost all my possessions (in temporary storage for a move) in a fire once due to an arsonist. I know how that feels. But, of course, I was not 80. The evacuation was the biggest thing. Peace be with them and with you. Are you from NM or did they retire there? I lived in NM for 4 years and loved it there.

My friend and her parents are from the DFW area. They retired in Ruidoso. I’ve had the privilege to visit them there several times. It’s a beautiful little town that is close knit and heart broken.

I’m OK with the players and coaches having swag that we can’t get exactly like theirs - they kinda earned it!
I’m not disagreeing, but the fans deserve better as well.

Went on the Volshop and saw this monstrosity…like come on. Sure it’s 1 product out of 1000, but give the fans better stuff.

Just because it’s UT or Nike doesn’t mean it looks good, but they know people will buy it because us UT fans buy everything to support our school

Attachments

• IMG_0995.jpeg
    IMG_0995.jpeg
    80.8 KB · Views: 5
On June 20, 1975, Jaws, a film directed by Steven Spielberg that made countless viewers afraid to go into the water, opens in theaters. The story of a great white shark that terrorizes a New England resort town became an instant blockbuster and the highest-grossing film in movie history until it was bested by 1977's Star Wars. Jaws was nominated for an Academy Award in the Best Picture category and took home three Oscars, for Best Film Editing, Best Original Score and Best Sound. The film, a breakthrough for director Spielberg, then 27 years old, spawned several sequels.

View attachment 651011

View attachment 651013
So NOT even joking, family member sent me this, cause I’m a huge jaws fan. If this drops, I’m grabbing two.
1718902559663.png

This is what’s left of my best friend’s parents’ house in Ruidoso…they lost everything. Please include them in your prayers as they are in their early 80s. This will not be easy as they make decisions over the next few days. It was honestly God looking over them that my friend was visiting them on Monday and was there to evacuate them. Devastating…

View attachment 651005
Prayers for them and their decisions.

Gen. Neyland threw out the first pitch in 1951...

Other fan bases are gonna be sickened when we won it all. That's the only thing they can say when they try to dog on the Vols. . .

I ask:

"How did Tennessee become the greatest program in the country?" or "How did Tony Vitello become the greatest coach in the country so fast?" or "Did ________ play Tennessee this year? How did they do?"

Their reply, always:

"How many titles does UT have?"

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back