Recruiting Football Talk VII

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's a good looking hoodie Tears has on.
@TrippieRedd be all...

tantrum-kid.gif

They got one pitcher who could flat out beat us. If they play him game one and we don’t trot out beam/security then they could steal one and I don’t like them getting that confidence. I’d rather win a hard game one and have a game 2 where we put the pressure on and finish them. But what do I know.
I have felt the same, but offer a counter point of view.

Our strength is not our ace. Our strength is above average depth. If we burn our best facing an ace we burn our advantage. If we force them to burn their best against our third best we accentuate our advantage. Pros and Cons to both.
I'll counter y'all and everyone else who wants to question, stop trying to second guess CTV. He's gotten us this far. He knows more than us.

He had a different surgery…they have an internal brace surgery now that has come around the past couple years.
Here is a fangraph article showing mlb players that have gotten the surgery. No major stars had gotten the surgery at the time of this article… Ohtani, Strider, and Giolito have recently had the same surgery. Rich Hill is the only one that came back to pitch at a similar level. He took 10 months to pitch again. Zach Britton was a very good middle reliever and never was the same again… I tried to find college pitching examples but didn’t find any good ones in my short search. He needs to make sure he is all the way back and healthy.

Reactions: DD4ME
I have felt the same, but offer a counter point of view.

Our strength is not our ace. Our strength is above average depth. If we burn our best facing an ace we burn our advantage. If we force them to burn their best against our third best we accentuate our advantage. Pros and Cons to both.
Anything can happen on the biggest stage. That’s why the logic scares me. I’d rather us be aggressive and aim for the kill from the get go.

Reactions: Volunteer821
I'll counter y'all and everyone else who wants to question, stop trying to second guess CTV. He's gotten us this far. He knows more than us.
If you followed the conversation from the beginning, you’d know we’re not questioning.

“If that’s the best move it’s the best move“

Reactions: VolsDoc81TX
Anything can happen on the biggest stage. That’s why the logic scares me. I’d rather us be aggressive and aim for the kill from the get go.
We don’t have a stud pitcher like Paul Skenes or someone like that…. I would rather have them rested… Any of our three can pitch better at any given time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back