Recruiting Football Talk VII

Status
Not open for further replies.
They got one pitcher who could flat out beat us. If they play him game one and we don’t trot out beam/security then they could steal one and I don’t like them getting that confidence. I’d rather win a hard game one and have a game 2 where we put the pressure on and finish them. But what do I know.
I have felt the same, but offer a counter point of view.

Our strength is not our ace. Our strength is above average depth. If we burn our best facing an ace we burn our advantage. If we force them to burn their best against our third best we accentuate our advantage. Pros and Cons to both.

Interesting. Do we like it? I don’t think it’s Smokey enough. Could be a tad darker. First glance thought Tennessee across the chest was a bit crowding. Not sure I’ll know if I like that until I see it on the field.
Better than the ones last year, but we wont know for sure until we see what the helmets and pants look like, as well as with pads on

Reactions: vol_in_ga
Interesting. Do we like it? I don’t think it’s Smokey enough. Could be a tad darker. First glance thought Tennessee across the chest was a bit crowding. Not sure I’ll know if I like that until I see it on the field.
Hope that ain’t it. Hyping people up just for some tristars on the sleeves.

“if we put something new on it, people will buy it”

Why the hell did they add Oklahoma and Texas to the SEC? The schedules were already difficult.
Goes back 6 or 7 years ago when Sankey found out he was the 3rd highest paid commish.

From that point on, he's gone full Napoleon complex. All for his ego and pocketbook.

SEC fans want none of this crap, but the commish does? 🤔🤔

Reactions: Volunteer821
If you are want some comedy read the comments on the TexAgs Baseball Forum titled “Tony Vitello Interviiew”!

Evidently, TV didn’t smile during picture, didn’t say enough nice things about their coach and pitching. The posters are trying to drum up fake outrage and bulletin board material for their team.

https://texags.com/forums/8/topics/3468618

If you are want some comedy read the comments on the TexAgs Baseball Forum titled “Tony Vitello Interviiew”!

Evidently, TV didn’t smile during picture, didn’t say enough nice things about their coach and pitching. The posters are trying to drum up fake outrage and bulletin board material for their team.

Vitello Interview | TexAgs
Holy hell, I thought some of us were sensitive. Those bitches are bleeding

Vitello Interview | TexAgs
Well, they are a cult. I’m not surprised they are trying to make a bunch of **** up.

That's fair. It's west of West Hills/West Town Mall. To me, West Knoxville is more the Farragut area. Cedar Bluff is just Knoxville. Then you have Downtown, the Old City, North Knoxville, and South Knoxville. Also, I forgot about that Best Buy. 😉
Farragut is just Farragut. It's own town in the county. Way out west...used to just be farmland.

Imo once you hit "new Kingston Pike" (past Old Kingston Pike)...right about at the Bearden Beer Market...you're in the Bearden and West Knox area.

Shoot, the northern and southern limits are even tighter. Just go a few blocks north of Downtown or across the bridge south and you're in North/South Knoxville. Even the Zoo in East Knoxville and it's not far off city center.

Reactions: Rishvol and Kristy*
I'm not so sure... hard to forget the 22 team lost at home in a 3 game series to end the season before making the CWS. I actually think this years team is better. Mostly because of who they've played to get where they are. 22 team played 10 ranked teams and went 16-6 against them. 24 team has played 14 ranked teams and went 24-7 against them.
Pretty sure short stop was the biggest weakness for the 22 team if I remember correctly. Our defense has been much better at that crucial position. Saved a lot of runs just being able to throw some runners out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back