Recruiting Football Talk VII

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dang allergies acting up. My papaw, who passed away last summer, would have loved this team as well. He was my first call after Tennessee beat Bama and I got to watch Tennessee beat Clemson with him in his living room. That would be his last Tennessee football game. One of the countless stories that show how much this team is intertwined in the pulse of our lives.

WE OUR TENNESSEE AND WE BLEED ORANGE.

To our boys in Omaha: You've got a whole state behind you, built on the backs of generations of volunteers. No matter the outcome, you're our team. Beat the Aggies and Go Vols!
This

Good news folks. Your old buddy @Glitch has returned from the burn ward. A handful (roughly a dozen) (37) skin grafts later and I am good as new. Vols play today and we gon whoop that maggie today. They threw their kitchen sink at us yesterday, but we were just getting warmed up. Time to take the fight to the magpies for 9 innings!
Prayers for your healing and comfort.

Wind looks like it will be blowing in for games today and tomorrow with wind blowing in much stronger tomorrow. Long ball may not be as much of a factor which is a slight disadvantage to us I would think.
I actually think we swing the bats better when we look to make contact versus swinging for the fences. I think it gives us an advantage because we still have the power to hit some out. Plus I think it will help Beam like the 1st game he pitched.

Good news folks. Your old buddy @Glitch has returned from the burn ward. A handful (roughly a dozen) (37) skin grafts later and I am good as new. Vols play today and we gon whoop that maggie today. They threw their kitchen sink at us yesterday, but we were just getting warmed up. Time to take the fight to the magpies for 9 innings!
Holy crap you serious? Send heeling prayers man that’s awful. Bad burns are no joke.

Arguably our 2 beat hitters got 0 hits and got on base 0 times. It's not that dumb of a stat. Of it were just 3 random players yes, but 2 of our best hitters getting blanked in the same game is not a dumb stat.
My point is that game in, game out, you're going to have hitters who perform poorly. I still think it's a dumb stat.

Speaking of Church my granddaughter has went to Bible School with 3 different friends to 3 different Churches and a 4th planned next week.

She loves it.
That’s what we used to do as kids - a couple of churches were within walking distance. I figured out later it was safe & educational free summer day care (Mom worked for Dad in the mornings keeping his books - he was a mechanic and owned a service station)! We went to them all!
😁

Last edited:
lol nah but I could probably count the gentlemen on one hand lol. I kid I kid. Well maybe

They said last night they reached out to her husband and called him in. They said her heartbeat was way down yesterday. Didn’t know if she’d make it. I’ve not heard anything this morning. It’s a heartbreaking situation no doubt about it 🥲🙏🏻
I didn’t want to share this info during the game so…
Prayers for SAS and her family. Tough news. Everyone needs to hug their loved ones and be kind to everyone they come into contact with. You never know what anyone is going through.

I said last week that Tony was playing the long game. 180 degree different strategy than A&M and FSU played. They placed a do or die strategy on one game. It has worked for TV up to this point. He's deserves a ton of credit if works again.
King Kong balls let’s hope he made the right choice

Reactions: WesTnVol
This 👆🏻aged well too.
Right or wrong coach V stuck to his normal weekend rotation.
Texas A&M went for the first game win.
Trust the team to sweep the next two🍊👊🏻

Not equivalent situations.

The 2 guys Vols were choosing from were Causey and Beam. Causey actually had a little better stats than Beam on the year going into that game. Even after getting touched up yesterday Causey has a 4.43 ERA and Beam 4.30.

The 2 guys A&M was choosing from were Prager - who now has a 2.95 ERA (yesterday raised his ERA) and a guy with an ERA of 5.00 in Lamkin who started G1 of the CWS.

Reactions: knoxvol52
My point is that game in, game out, you're going to have hitters who perform poorly. I still think it's a dumb stat.
The difference for our team is that we have 5/6 great hitters. If it’s a team’s 2 best hitters, then ok. But Burke, Amick, Dreiling, and Ensley all hit well, and 3 of those are our top hitters, too.

In order to produce, you need hits from top to bottom. Our 6,8,9, and 1 hitters consecutively did nothing. Our 2,3,4, and 5 produced, but we need more from the ends of the lineup.

I said last week that Tony was playing the long game. 180 degree different strategy than A&M and FSU played. They placed a do or die strategy on one game. It has worked for TV up to this point. He's deserves a ton of credit if works again.

I agree. I hate bullpen games with a passion, but understand after Burns bolted and Russell went down that was how it had to be. Those were two tough pitcher losses. Yet, the team persevered. Hopefully they will again today and tomorrow.

The mid-weeks are the training grounds for the future starters and that has me a bit confused. I see Snead as a future starter, hopefully Russell is back, possibly Loy and/another on the current roster. But it appears to me the portal is calling in a big way.

Last edited:
Reactions: InVOLuntary
A agree. I hate bullpen games with a passion, but understand after Burns bolted and Russell went down that was how it had to be. Those were two tough pitcher losses. Yet, the team persevered. Hopefully they will again today and tomorrow.

The mid-weeks are the training grounds for the future starters and that has me a bit confused. I see Snead as a future starter, hopefully Russell is back, possibly Loy and/another on the current roster. But it appears to me the portal is calling in a big way.
After this postseason, I think Loy can be our Sunday starter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back