Recruiting Football Talk VII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Whenever I think about how the arms are what separates the '22 team from this year's team...I think about this, what this year's team did with 2 outs, and how THAT separates them from EVERYBODY.

It is absolutely incredible how clutch this team was...how they just found a way, no matter what, in the most crucial of moments.

GOAT.

Whenever I think about how the arms are what separates the '22 team from this year's team...I think about this, what this year's team did with 2 outs, and how THAT separates them from EVERYBODY.

It is absolutely incredible how clutch this team was...how they just found a way, no matter what, in the most crucial of moments.

GOAT.
I've been joking lately when we had 2 outs that we had our opponent right where we wanted them!

This bum hanging on 2 wins Candy had vs Tn

Then again, Tennessee took the series in Nashville, in Vandy's home stadium, 2 games to 1. Then Tennessee redeemed their loss to Vandy in the SEC tournament by beating them in a rematch before going on to win the entire SEC Tournament followed by the NCAA Tournament. And Vandy made the post season, but not the CWS.

So suck on it, Skip, you grumpy old bastard.

Let andy have that, what else do they have since they’re a baseball school 😂.
They deserve absolutely nothing. A leech school robbing the rest of the SEC of money while investing little to none of it to actually improve their athletics and make them marketable.

We honestly do not have a lot of elite arms on this staff. I am not trying to insult anyone. We have amazing pitchers. Tony and Frank assembled a helluva staff under very difficult circumstances. They instilled confidence in them and the guys just flat out delivered. Incredible job all around.
Our coaches wrung every last drop of success that could he gotten out of this pitching staff this year...of course having the greatest HR hitting team ever made their job a lot easier.

Everybody can quote that 188 for LSU back at me...but there should be an asterisk beside that number...in my opinion..this team is the greatest.

Our coaches wrung every last drop of success that could he gotten out of this pitching staff this year...of course having the greatest HR hitting team ever made their job a lot easier.

Everybody can quote that 188 for LSU back at me...but there should be an asterisk beside that number...in my opinion..this team is the greatest.
We definitely would have passed LSU in total HRs if we hadn't had games run ruled. We had 13 games run ruled and lost 25 innings.

188 was done during the gorilla ball period when bats were known to be juiced. That's why so many have deemed it a record that can't be broken. Well, we've proven that to be false. Finished at 184, IIRC. Record was well within reach.

@Ulysees E. McGill

We had 13 run-rule games this year...missing out on 25 innings (almost 3 full games), at least 75 more at-bats. It made a MASSIVE difference.

We would have caught that 1997 LSU team in HRs, no doubt about it.
Yeah..you're right...I hate that stupid rule. I didn't realize we had lost that many innings

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back