Recruiting Football Talk VII

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know why you have to keep pushing this. Rick Barnes is a Hall of Fame coach. Basketball is different in a one game scenario. He took an awful situation and took us as far as the university has ever been. He's also in a different time in his life than Vitello. Also, the state of TN has great baseball. Basketball is a different animal. They are both great for our school, and Rick Barnes deserves everything he gets for what he's done.
He thinks that because Rick Barnes is a devout Christian, that he is soft like Mark Richt...outside of being Christian they are nothing alike...he is too thick to see that Rick is a hardass,, and his team's are hardasses, and that is NOTHING like Richt, his teams were squishy soft....nobody in basketball would call the Vols soft with a straight face.

He just refused to be aggressive. So odd.

Now his defense was pretty dang elite all year.
Yes...he played harder than ever...but as a shooter myself I can tell you..I may have had bad games here and there, and I could and did improve my shot with tons of practice...but I never just lost it and became a bad shooter...there was a certain baseline average that I didn't drop below.

Santi absolutely just lost his ability to shoot and never got it back...I think he only had a few games where he shot well or great.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back