Recruiting Football Talk VII

Status
Not open for further replies.
Saw something on social media about Tennessee going to hand signs after the 5th because they lost pitch com, when asked A&M claimed they didn't have it. Distantly there might be a pic of that pitch com with an A&M player.

I'm typically skeptical of stuff like that..... Asking if anyone else has heard something similar?

I don't hate Kessling, he's a little vanilla for me. But he's solid. Problem is he'll never live up to the legend that came before him....... Not many out there capable.
I've backed off on my dislike of Bob some over the years. He's just a television guy doing radio play by play. He just needs the Bert Bertlekamp equivalent for football. They keep pairing Bob with boring color guys and Bob just doesn't generate his own excitement. That's why his football calls are bland but his basketball calls are pretty good. Bert helps him so much. He needs someone with intensity in the booth for football. Or just retire and make sure the next Voice of the Vols "makes his own juice".

Saw something on social media about Tennessee going to hand signs after the 5th because they lost pitch com, when asked A&M claimed they didn't have it. Distantly there might be a pic of that pitch com with an A&M player.

I'm typically skeptical of stuff like that..... Asking if anyone else has heard something similar?

𝒜𝓉𝓉ℯ𝓂𝓅𝓉𝒾𝓃ℊ 𝓉ℴ 𝒶𝒹𝒹 𝒶 𝓁𝒾𝓉𝓉𝓁ℯ 𝒸𝓁𝒶𝓈𝓈 𝓉ℴ 𝓉𝒽𝒾𝓈 𝓅𝓁𝒶𝒸ℯ
;)
Meanwhile, the rest of us....
Owen Trains Planes And Automobiles Cheers Cheesy GIF - Owen Trains Planes  And Automobiles Cheers Cheesy - Discover & Share GIFs

I've backed off on my dislike of Bob some over the years. He's just a television guy doing radio play by play. He just needs the Bert Bertlekamp equivalent for football. They keep pairing Bob with boring color guys and Bob just doesn't generate his own excitement. That's why his football calls are bland but his basketball calls are pretty good. Bert helps him so much. He needs someone with intensity in the booth for football. Or just retire and make sure the next Voice of the Vols "makes his own juice".
I don't listen to games on radio anymore, although I thought Pat Ryan was Kesling's commentary partner.

I don't listen to games on radio anymore, although I thought Pat Ryan was Kesling's commentary partner.
I've never really had a great dislike for Kesling. That being said I didn't grow up with John Ward. Really the only thing I've not liked of Kesling is the Alabama game when we kicked the winning kick. I feel like he left so much at the table. He hardly sounded excited.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back