Recruiting Football Talk VII

Status
Not open for further replies.
This final pitch was downright nasty.

I did feel bad for TAMU for a second with their head coach leaving for their big brother a day later. And then I remembered that they hired Jimbo fisher to a Nick Saban contract, are in bed with the Saudis/Qatar/Russia/China, and are responsible for opening the door for Texas to join the SEC by first doing so a few years earlier.

No pity for you, Maggies.

I saw a vid of him last night deriding a reporter for even asking him that question, ranting on about his loyalty to TAMU, and then walking out in a huff.

Was he lying? Is he negotiating a raise? "Changed" his mind? wtf
Was curious about his statement that he “left his family” to go to College Station, so I hit the internet. Indeed, filed for divorce after he took the A&M gig. Lots of reasons for such and they don’t have to be nefarious, but it hints at a previously undisplayed selfishness which would beget disloyalty in a situation where you’ve been entrusted with a program at one powerful institution and it’s most bitter rival comes courting the next morning after a heartbreaking loss. His answer last night to the reporter (who was doing his job) was faux outraged and a little sanctimonious…without actually committing to his kids and employer. Recalls answers from Lincoln Riley (“I’m not going to be the next coach at LSU and Saban (epitome of dignity) before him (I’m the HC of the Dolphins!). Misplaced respect for the man on my part imo.

If he does go to Texas, it will create a domino effect of teams thinking they're going to get Tony. First, it'll be A&M. Then they'll hire a coach from somewhere and that team he leaves will be thinking they're getting Tony. And so on and so forth. Never say never, but I don't think Tony is going anywhere. Just be prepared for the rumors that he is.

This is why DW is going to announce a phat extension for TV this week and put the speculation to bed. Book it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back