Recruiting Football Talk VII

Status
Not open for further replies.
Vols that live away from Knoxville… is there a secret for getting hotels near campus without spending thousands during football season?
Book years in advance at this point unfortunately. The train is rolling and lots of folks is jumping on board.

Reactions: Smokey123
Doesn’t include transfers, so I’m assuming it’s using the kids original HS ranking which would be mostly right.

Brazzell, McCoy, etc. were all 2 star guys IIRC

We’ve also had a lot of guys that were 4 stars in HS transfer out

He says towards the end of the article he’s excluding transfers altogether. Given how college football is changing that seems like a pretty big omission. You have high rated players that transfer that could move the numbers. I’d also argue some of the underrated and overrated players are getting resorted in the transfer portal so I could see this metric getting less relevant over time.

I’m not sure how that plays into our roster but I’d guess we’re being underrated a bit. We have some transfers that are highly rated out of high school and will be having an impact. And some transfers that have proven productive in college but weren’t highly rated.

If Nico is a top shelf QB I think that skews things as well as a great QB can elevate an entire team. And Heupel knows a thing or two about winning with less talent.

THIS POST IS AN INDICTMENT OF THE COACH, NOT THE KIDS!
This is just great. This recruit gives Coach Martinez a straight flush of recruits in the secondary....four 3s. Our previous corps of three star secondary defenders, the ones asked to leave, couldn't cover a flower bed. But Willie has restocked now with similarly talented recruits. We got some quality transfers from the portal, and the '24 class was okay. This isn't.
The HC bears responsibility in this too.
These four, '25 recruits might be good folks, they probably are, but who isn't still gut sick remembering our corners lacking the innate talent to tackle, one on one, in space? The kids aren't the problem, Willy is.
We don't get great secondary recruits because we lack a great secondary coach. Great coaches attract great talent, our DLine and QB recruiting proves the point.
I expect that our championship runs will have to wait a little while longer.
Do you enjoy embarrassing yourself? Seems like the answer is yes

Skenes maybe a All-Star selection this season. Managers choice after fans vote for starters.

Watched the Dodgers game last night and good grief. Bobby Miller isn't doing very well I know he just came off IL but mentally he isn't there. Now Walker back on IL and Clayton had a set back in triple A rehab game. Yamamoto on IL,Mookie hurt 🤦🤦🤦

Son, if you're going to say something negative about John Ward, you might as well proceed to the Papermill Waffle House and take your ass whoopin' ticket.

Now serving number 24.
Is there a line to whoop that fellers ***, or can anybody just jump in whenever?

Skenes maybe a All-Star selection this season. Managers choice after fans vote for starters.

Watched the Dodgers game last night and good grief. Bobby Miller isn't doing very well I know he just came off IL but mentally he isn't there. Now Walker back on IL and Clayton had a set back in triple A rehab game. Yamamoto on IL,Mookie hurt 🤦🤦🤦
I wonder if Miller is having a worse arm injury than what they thought

Reactions: knoxvol52

Possibly, look like he was trying favor something last night. Viewed Roberts in dugout talking to him. Dodgers still won but 60 pitches in 2 innings, his control was horrendous.

I think people just want a level playing field (no pun intended) for everyone. If a school can fire a coach or a coach can up and leave a school at the drop of a hat with no real negative implications to either except some money changing hands from one big pot of money to another, then the kids should have some level of recourse too. These are kids. Many of them don't have solid adults in their lives guiding them to the wisest decisions. They see everybody else getting filthy stinking rich off of them and their peers and they naturally feel that they should get something for their efforts.

I know, and agree, that a college degree and free room and board, and nutrition and medical care for 4-5 years is not nothing. However, when the networks starting making billions and the schools started making hundreds of millions and the coaches/AD started making millions, and that was where the money stopped....

I was never a big proponent for outright paying players. I think there was probably a responsible way to do it where the integrity of the sport(s) stayed more intact. However, this is where we find ourselves and I don't think we can put the toothpaste back in the tube. All me can do now is try and clean up the mess as best we can and try to move forward in this new world were we find ourselves.
The NCAA really screwed this up.

I think people just want a level playing field (no pun intended) for everyone. If a school can fire a coach or a coach can up and leave a school at the drop of a hat with no real negative implications to either except some money changing hands from one big pot of money to another, then the kids should have some level of recourse too. These are kids. Many of them don't have solid adults in their lives guiding them to the wisest decisions. They see everybody else getting filthy stinking rich off of them and their peers and they naturally feel that they should get something for their efforts.

I know, and agree, that a college degree and free room and board, and nutrition and medical care for 4-5 years is not nothing. However, when the networks starting making billions and the schools started making hundreds of millions and the coaches/AD started making millions, and that was where the money stopped....

I was never a big proponent for outright paying players. I think there was probably a responsible way to do it where the integrity of the sport(s) stayed more intact. However, this is where we find ourselves and I don't think we can put the toothpaste back in the tube. All me can do now is try and clean up the mess as best we can and try to move forward in this new world were we find ourselves.
mlb cannot help where the teams are located, ergo College Sports cannot help teams that have given a crap about athletics for decades.

i do however, think there needs to be a cap.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back