Recruiting Football Talk VII

It is partly generational as well.

Younger folks are more willing to pay for experiences, as opposed to expensive material goods.

I'm on board with that.
Yeah...until they are older and have nothing to show for it.

I get that, and I live that way...to a degree...but I am also a productive member of society.

I don’t see anything on twitter or from google about a video being filmed and then cancelled, just the original outrage from the social media post but who knows. From the hours of my daughter singing along and learning speech from her YT videos, I’ve never seen any sort of LGBQT agenda in her shows. I definitely see it in her social media stuff but as long as the educational and fun shows stay educational and fun, then my daughter can watch them. Others are also free to think the opposite though and I won’t blame them.

Honestly though, the amount of time Ms Rachel spends on my TV used to be a lot more than it is currently. Thankfully, for my sanity, we are now fully engulfed in Bluey and that’s one I don’t mind at all. Bandit for father of the year, IMO.
We’re stuck on bluey and Dora right now. Fun times

There are not enough "rich" people to keep that going...unless you are calling mid-upper middle class folks "rich".
That gap is increasing as well. The $400k+ upper middle class group.

The rest are keeping it afloat as well, but paying for it dearly. Increasing debt rates.

Ofc tv contracts help a lot and everyone pays higher tv bills continuously. It's what society likes, but there's no doubt a big divide in live seating these days. Concerts are going the same way. Big reason everyone is suddenly coming out of the woodworks to tour again. $70-$100 tickets are just normal a lot these days, so they can make way more than many of them did even during their prime when record sales floated them.

Reactions: VOLSONLY and jave36
You said they haven’t been ran well. I made my point saying this is why I think they’ve been ran well based on ownership making the necessary changes.

Now we will see if the new changes work out. I hope they do, and the moves they’ve made up to this point show they’re moving in right direction. We will see

To your last question, the irony in that is you never quit supporting the Vols no matter how many stupid decisions have been made in the last 20 years
That’s the difference, not the irony. You’re either a Vol fan, or you’re not…

Yeah...until they are older and have nothing to show for it.

I get that, and I live that way...to a degree...but I am also a productive member of society.
Well ofc, we are talking people with money to spend. I'd argue they have great memories to show for it. That, and the people around you, are the only things that do last.

Previous generations have done similar, but on expensive clothes, cars, material objects. Things that lead to attachment and emptiness.

Either group can go equally broke doing so outside of moderation, sure. One is at least healthy for your soul and mind though. The other is pure brain and social rot.

VN Store

Back