Recruiting Football Talk VII

Status
Not open for further replies.
She’s theirs not ours. I think confidence in her community and family made her honest attempt at fun a non-mistake. It’d ruin a lot of us. This girl isn’t trying to monetize her 15 minutes and it’s refreshing. They’ll be there well after we finish our evaluations. 😏
there's a Rolling Stone article stating she and her hat wearing friend, there. Have made $65K off Hawk Tuah merch.

Reactions: knoxvol52
I have to imagine it’s hard on the kid to have to go slo mo in time for him to heal, but as a old person, it’ll be better and beneficial for him in the long run. Telling a young person that, they don’t understand. He’s still well loved here.
Thank you...yeah it sucks for him because he loves playing and loves being active. He came home Wednesday, he was outside Thursday and Friday running drills. But he's definitely getting there

there's a Rolling Stone article stating she and her hat wearing friend, there. Have made $65K off Hawk Tuah merch.
Good for them. Who’d you want them to donate the money towards? 😏 There’s a difference between contriving a brand and accepting money that’s been generated by a viral moment. Girl worked in a PLANT…for Stalin’s sake!

If I am reading this article correctly, in humans the sperm cells carry the possibility of the Y chromosome to be introduced to the egg which is always XX. If the supermarket is also XX then the resulting offspring will be a girl. If it carries an XY chromosome then it will be a boy. So in humans, it is entirely dependent on what the male brings to the process. Again, I suppose all of my hardest swimmers were girls.

Bunch of Katie Ledecky's, no Michael Phelps'.

Baseball's newest contribution to the romance of American sports, the All-Star Game, made its debut on July 6, 1933, at Chicago's Comiskey Park. It was initiated at the insistence of Arch Ward, a sports editor for the Chicago Tribune, to coincide with the celebration of the city's "Century of Progress" Exposition. By the 1930's, baseball had already established itself as America's favorite pastime and the national exposition provided the perfect stage to introduce baseball's best to the rest of the country. Many did not believe that a contest of this magnitude could possibly live up to the fan's expectations, especially for those who lived in the far western states and had never been to a major league baseball game.

The novel idea of a single game made up of the most exciting assemblage of ball-playing talent ever brought together on the diamond at one time, seemed too good to be true. In 1933 and 1934, All-Star teams were selected by the managers and the fans. The National League's manager John McGraw and American League's Connie Mack were chosen to lead a line-up of big hitters including Lou Gehrig, Jimmie Foxx, Al Simmons and the one and only Babe Ruth. "We wanted to see the Babe," said Bill Hallahan, the National League starter. "Sure, he was old and had a big waistline, but that didn't make any difference. We were on the same field as Babe Ruth."

With fellow All-Star, Charlie Gehringer on first in the bottom of the third, The Babe drove one into the right-field stands, the first homer in All-Star history. The crowd, according to one account, "roared in acclamation" and the first All-Star Game, won by the American League on the strength of Ruth's homer, was a resounding success.

I've heard just yesterday, it's a strong possibility he'll be back by the N C S T A T E GAME, Sorry if anyone thought I meant UNC. Or National Championship game. I'll try to be morrrrre specific
I hope my comment did not offend. I was definitely joking and knew exactly what you meant. We all definitely want Cam to get back fully healthy and be the difference maker we know he is.

I was about to say the same, but I looked up some stats, and Chipper's OPS is higher than both and he has more HR than Brett. He never won a gold glove but I think Brett only won it once. I would put Chipper second, myself.
Brett had over 3000 hits as well. Chipper didn't make that milestone. Chipper did have significantly more HRs. It's really close IMO, but I think most historians would lean Brett.

I've heard just yesterday, it's a strong possibility he'll be back by the N C S T A T E GAME, Sorry if anyone thought I meant UNC. Or National Championship game. I'll try to be morrrrre specific
You are good my guy. All the important folks knew what you were talking about. We have some non-regulars filter through here from time to time that try and steal our joy. We don't let them.

Happy Saturday

July 6, 2024: Set your heart on spiritual excellence. You can do this by not being distracted with things of the world. There are many things that vie for your attention, so you must stay focused on what really matters in the long run. Be strong, and stay on course, says the Lord. Psalm 119:1-3 Blessed are the undefiled in the way, who walk in the law of the Lord. Blessed are those who keep His testimonies, who seek Him with the whole heart! They also do no iniquity; they walk in His ways.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back