Recruiting Football Talk VII

Status
Not open for further replies.
midget-bollywood.gif
Really appreciate the support from you and the VN posters. Where in the world you all find some of these supportive responses is beyond me.

When do you all shoot fireworks Midnight or tomorrow night? They will start in my neighborhood around 10 p.m. tonight. Damn drunks 😜
They have already started in Seymour. They will continue through at least Saturday night. I am all about being a patriot and celebrating our country's heritage, but the constant noise really terrifies my dogs. We give them some stuff to chill them out and I don't mind a day or two, but a freaking week of fireworks every night makes me want to hurt people.

Ok Braves fans......................

We might have seen the last of pitchers batting in Major League Baseball, as the universal designated hitter has been used since 2020.

If that’s the case, then we’ll never get a chance to see another Tony Cloninger. Fifty-eight years ago this week, Cloninger had the greatest hitting day any Atlanta Braves pitcher — maybe any pitcher period — ever had.

On July 3, 1966, Cloninger hit two grand slams and drove in a total of nine runs in a 17-3 rout of the Giants at Candlestick Park in San Francisco. He became the first National League player at any position to hit two grannies in one game, and remains the only pitcher ever to do so.

“It was history — he wrote a page today,” Braves manager Bobby Bragan told the Atlanta Constitution. “I’d say that was about as impressive a page of history as I’ve ever seen written.”

Ironically, Cloninger’s double grand slam day wasn’t the only time he homered twice in one game. It wasn’t even the first time he did it in 1966. Cloninger also homered twice in a 17-1 bludgeoning of the New York Mets on June 16 in Atlanta. However, his homers that day were “only” a three-run shot and a two-run blast.

1720026294545.png

Ok Braves fans......................

We might have seen the last of pitchers batting in Major League Baseball, as the universal designated hitter has been used since 2020.

If that’s the case, then we’ll never get a chance to see another Tony Cloninger. Fifty-eight years ago this week, Cloninger had the greatest hitting day any Atlanta Braves pitcher — maybe any pitcher period — ever had.

On July 3, 1966, Cloninger hit two grand slams and drove in a total of nine runs in a 17-3 rout of the Giants at Candlestick Park in San Francisco. He became the first National League player at any position to hit two grannies in one game, and remains the only pitcher ever to do so.

“It was history — he wrote a page today,” Braves manager Bobby Bragan told the Atlanta Constitution. “I’d say that was about as impressive a page of history as I’ve ever seen written.”

Ironically, Cloninger’s double grand slam day wasn’t the only time he homered twice in one game. It wasn’t even the first time he did it in 1966. Cloninger also homered twice in a 17-1 bludgeoning of the New York Mets on June 16 in Atlanta. However, his homers that day were “only” a three-run shot and a two-run blast.

View attachment 656111
Stories like this is exactly why baseball is the greatest of all games.

Well, I just learned something. Thanks for the pro tip.
COR is 0.830 on the face of a driver.

All drivers are tested at the manufacturing plant. The ones at the "limit" are the ones the tour players use. The rest are what the general public gets..........

BIG difference.......

I've never enjoyed them very much. I get super bored sitting on the same beach day after day with nothing else to do. If you do one, I'd stay in the states so you can drive to a nearby city for entertainment. Don't go to Haiti or something like that where you can't leave the compound.

I'd recommend a cruise instead. Still all inclusive, but you get much better entertainment and you get to visit multiple islands to keep things fresh.
I concur

Reactions: Smokey19rt
If anyone knows the value of our pollinators here on this planet of ours, and have followed the problems with Hive Collapse Syndrome for honey bees, you may appreciate this. Looks like bees have started to hive on/in port bay buoys with much success. I say, let's hear it for the buoys! Let's hear it for the bay bees!
20240703_133325.gif

I was about to say, punish me all you want!
I’d catch every single nug that comes my way. Not a single one will touch the ground.

After I finish walking that “brutal” stoning, I’ll have enough weed to rebuild Rome.

They will write my name in the legend books and describe me as a king that tied weed nugs to his beard like ornaments on a Christmas tree.

Jokes on them for stoning me. Losers

I’d catch every single nug that comes my way. Not a single one will touch the ground.

After I finish walking that “brutal” stoning, I’ll have enough weed to rebuild Rome.

They will write my name in the legend books and describe me as a king that tied weed nugs to his beard like ornaments on a Christmas tree.

Jokes on them for stoning me. Losers
I’ll help you we can be business partners!

Reactions: TrippieRedd
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back