Recruiting Football Talk VII

Status
Not open for further replies.
When do you all shoot fireworks Midnight or tomorrow night? They will start in my neighborhood around 10 p.m. tonight. Damn drunks 😜
Yeah, drunks -- imagine this -- have no self control. They start shooting the fireworks the second they get home with them and continue until they run out. Restock and repeat. When I lived in New Orleans... whew. But it was just part of the deal.

The more NOLA-specific things were funnier. Like going to Audubon park on a Sunday afternoon and seeing a 40s-ish woman completely nonchalant (just being who she is) on the walking track in a tutu. Wifey and I were just strolling Magazine one day and a dude -- no kidding -- tried to sell us a horse that he had obviously just stolen (from someone in the parade or a mounted police?) He was standing with it awkwardly at a street corner. No trailer. No saddle. Mardi Gras is Mardi Gras, but for people who don't know, there is a parade for nearly everything. It goes on year-round. Parading the crazy. I love the restaurants and live oaks. The sound of the street car rolling by. The people are generally really happy. Some great years. And courted my wife there.

Last edited:
Yeah, drunks -- imagine this -- have no self control. They start shooting the fireworks the second they get home with them and continue until they run out. Restock and repeat. When I lived in New Orleans... whew. But it was just part of the deal.
Went to Mardi Gras twice in my lifetime. Barely remember anything either time.

Fireworks started in my hood 4 days ago. Also with a few 9mm pops occasionally. Welcome to Nashville!
I am always amazed at how Nashville has grown and how it is so hip. National phenomenon. For better and for worse. Passed through the airport recently: so many leggy young women in their boots! I had to laugh. The line for hot chicken was 100 yards long. I met a guy in an Oregon jersey at the TSA line and told him we would beat them in the playoffs. Get this: He had moved from Oregon to Nashville. When Oregon loses the battle for hip. I have family in Nashville and in the environs who love all the new restaurants and events, but no one likes the traffic.

Last edited:
I am always amazed at how Nashville has grown and how it is so hip. National phenomenon. For better and for worse. Passed through the airport recently: so many leggy young women in their boots! I had to laugh. The line for hot chicken was 100 yards long. I met a guy in an Oregon jersey at the TSA line and told him we would beat them in the playoffs. Get this: He had moved from Oregon to Nashville. When Oregon loses the battle for hip. I have family in Nashville and in the environs who love all the new restaurants and events, but no one likes the traffic.
That's why it's nice to live in Huntsville and drive up to visit Nashville (but not deal with the traffic daily). Only problem is that Huntsville is growing rapidly.

Reactions: knoxvol52
If anyone knows the value of our pollinators here on this planet of ours, and have followed the problems with Hive Collapse Syndrome for honey bees, you may appreciate this. Looks like bees have started to hive on/in port bay buoys with much success. I say, let's hear it for the buoys! Let's hear it for the bay bees!
rdklswdhrym21.jpg

I was coming back to Nashville from Paris decades ago and there was, insofar as I could tell, one French tourist on the plane. I embarrassed myself trying to speak French to her, which they all love, and asked her if she had family in Tennessee. She said, no, she had always loved country music and she had saved up for years to take a trip to Nashville. I had saved up for years to go to Paris. 😂 She said, no, this (Nashville) will be better. This is the best.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back