Recruiting Football Talk VII

Status
Not open for further replies.
Waiting on the fireworks off the pier!View attachment 656496
I was gonna go to Patriot Park in Pigeon Forge or to the Sunsphere, but decided I didnt want to mess with the heat, crowds, parking, kids, etc. Would much rather be kicked back on a balcony at the beach drinking some fruity vodka concoction.

We’re flying in and out of Vegas for a 5 day trip. Not gonna make it to Arches, but I’ve got Zion, Bryce, Lake Powell, and the North Rim on the itenerary. Staying in Kanab and just driving daily to each.

Got any recommendations for must-see landmarks? I’m trying to figure out if we rent a boat or not for Lake Powell. It’ll be October, so swimming will be out.
If you rent a house boat at Lake Powell be sure to rent a fast boat to easily tow behind your house boat. Use the houseboat as your base station and explore all the beautiful sandstone channels, caves and inlets. That’s the only way to do Lake Powell.

Get @Sally to photoshot the @Weezer picture running through that crowd.
ready-to-fight.gif

"Going-to-the-Sun-Road" in Glacier National Park is an amazing drive as well...........

View attachment 656377
There’s a similar drive like this between Ouray and Silverton, in southwest Colorado called the Million Dollar Highway. It’s not for the faint of heart, but spectacular.

I read something somewhere once that blamed Napoleon for the French being the wusses of the 20th century.
No...if anything it was the meatgrinder of WW1 that caused that. Anybody that says the French are wusses in that war are freaking ignorant morons...the French men fought like lions in that war despite their leadership throwing their lives away by the millions with their idiotic pre-war strategy and tactical doctrine, and then failing to adjust to the obvious truths quick enough once the fight did get started.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back