Recruiting Football Talk VII

Status
Not open for further replies.
It goes back farther than that...the royalist nations of Europe, England and Austria most of all at first, hated the Republic and tried to destroy it immediately after the Revolution...all the wars that happened after that, up to and beyond the time Napolean took over are just extensions of that.

Before I really started studying the period, I too misplaced a lot of the blame. For 22 years Europe tried to destroy the Republic/Empire and almost always got their ass handed to them before first the Penninsular war and then the French disaster of the Russian winter of 1812-13.

The other great powers of Europe were never going to stop until the had beaten the Republic/Empire..they would lose, sign armistice and then regroup and reform and attack France again.

It is a lot more complicated than what I thought...I see Napolean differently than I did before.
I agree with that. The paradox of Napoleon, dictator in the cause of destroying monarchy everywhere. And he was correct that they all wished to bury the French Revolution and republican government.

I almost made another post just on that subject. But I was already out of control. 😂

Last edited:
I agree with that. The paradox of Napoleon, dictator in the cause of destroying monarchy everywhere. And he was correct that they all wished to bury the French Revolution and republican government.

I almost made another post just on that subject. But I was already out of control. 😂
Napoleon happened because the French people were sick of the chaos. Imo...he was a pragmatic idealist..which is as you say a "paradox"....he was also always an ambitious opportunist...and of course a genius.

Napoleon happened because the French people were sick of the chaos. Imo...he was a pragmatic idealist..which is as you say a "paradox"....he was also always an ambitious opportunist...and of course a genius.
If he didn't end monarchal rule in Europe, someone else would have. Twas inevitable, the tides of freedom...because AMERICA BABY.

Puerto Rico isn’t “out of the country”. That is America.
Careful, found out real quick the feeling is about 50/50 on push to become a state or seek independence from USA. People feel like being a US territory is not all it’s cracked up to be.
Just the vibe I got talking to people. They were as nice and friendly as could be but there’s a strong National pride still, as one could expect.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back