Recruiting Football Talk VII

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’ve always wanted to ask this question to Fulmer Humpers (not saying you are) but if you take away his national championship win do you think he’s still a hall of fame coach? Or just a good coach?…I have always thought Fulmer was average but he was surrounded by a legendary staff that made him what he is.
Part of being a successful coach is surrounding yourself with people who are good at their jobs. Which he often did. Until near the end, anyway.

Not even close…in my opinion I don’t think dabo ever had a legendary staff Fulmer had “consistently” throughout his coaching career until it got to the end…not even factoring in dabo hiring Dan Brooks from Tennessee 👀
Brent Venables was considered one of the best DCs in the game. Clemson hasn't been the same since he left for Oklahoma. So while I'm sure Mrs. Dabo would agree he's never had a legendary staff, when it comes to football, yeah, he had one. Venables leaving has affected Dabo similar to Cut's leaving affected Fulmer.

Codarrelle. WR is so important to this offense. He was physically one of the most dominant players ive seen at TN. Kamara is actually as good an athlete, but Cordarrelle was just bigger physically, and had surprising speed. His ability to block, make contested catches, beat man in coverage, and YAC makes this a no brainer.

Not to mention what he can do in Special Teams.
Kamara could legit have 1k rushing on low attempts(ala Wright) and 1k receiving in the same season with Heup. NFL safeties and backers have a hard time staying with him on routes. It’s a close call though, just think Kamara showed on the next level who’s the better weapon.

Well, I think it is for many people. It's is truly transcendent. Listened to a Ron
Howard interview couple weeks back. He said they had no idea what they were doing, but that it just worked. Just shows wholesome entertainment applies to every generation.
Amazing that Ron Howard stared in two major/popular/ TV shows..........Not many people do that.

Kamara could legit have 1k rushing on low attempts(ala Wright) and 1k receiving in the same season with Heup. NFL safeties and backers have a hard time staying with him on routes. It’s a close call though, just think Kamara showed on the next level who’s the better weapon.
Look at what CP did in ATL as a RB, though. 700 yards and 8 TDs rushing at age 31. Also had a 103 yard kick return TD. The year before that he had 548 yards receiving and 5 TDs.

Kamara is certainly more proven as a RB/WR, but I think CP's ceiling was higher when combining both (although sadly never truly realized). If he had been used at UT like he was in 2021-2022 in Atlanta, his production would have been absurd. Especially when you tack on his KR skills.

I’ve always wanted to ask this question to Fulmer Humpers (not saying you are) but if you take away his national championship win do you think he’s still a hall of fame coach? Or just a good coach?…I have always thought Fulmer was average but he was surrounded by a legendary staff that made him what he is.
Is there a Statue of Fulmer ? That seems to be the trend now ..

Part of being a successful coach is surrounding yourself with people who are good at their jobs. Which he often did. Until near the end, anyway.

Fair point…my rebuttal to that is JH, in my opinion he doesn’t have a legendary staff but still manages to win big games…it took Fulmer forever to beat Florida and there was a period of time he struggled against mark richt..there’s no one else in the east that’s a factor

Reactions: Glitch
Look at what CP did in ATL as a RB, though. 700 yards and 8 TDs rushing at age 31. Also had a 103 yard kick return TD. The year before that he had 548 yards receiving and 5 TDs.

Kamara is certainly more proven as a RB/WR, but I think CP's ceiling was higher when combining both (although sadly never truly realized). If he had been used at UT like he was in 2021-2022 in Atlanta, his production would have been absurd. Especially when you tack on his KR skills.
I think Alvin's superiority over CP "between the ears" has got to be the difference...CP is the superior athlete for sure, and that makes him formidable, but mind for the game plays a massive role...and Alvin wins there going away.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back