Recruiting Football Talk VII

Status
Not open for further replies.
All time??? Man, think about what you're saying. There are some ground breaking shows. All in the Family, Hill Street Blues, The Fall Guy, Carol Burnette, Carson, SNL, Ed Sullivan...
Oh, I agree...loved all of those shows, especially HSB, Fall Guy, SNL...none should be mentioned in the same sentence as The Sopranos, Mad Men, Breaking Bad, and others, however.

And, ground breaking? The Sopranos is the picture attached to that concept. EVERYTHING since, nods toward it.

Two caveats to this post:

1. Been on vacation. Only 19 min of screen time a day so I have been on here very little. If this has been discussed ad nauseam, apologies in advance.

2. Gaslighting is in the pantheon of obnoxious words and I’m about to use it.

Ahem.

This bronny James deal is the height of gaslighting. The Lakers know that kid is not an nba player. The competition knows he doesn’t belong. Everyone watching knows what’s happening. I wish the Lakers would just be honest and say they did LeBron a solid cause it would be cool to play with his kid. It is the most annoying sports thing I’ve ever seen.

Two caveats to this post:

1. Been on vacation. Only 19 min of screen time a day so I have been on here very little. If this has been discussed ad nauseam, apologies in advance.

2. Gaslighting is in the pantheon of obnoxious words and I’m about to use it.

Ahem.

This bronny James deal is the height of gaslighting. The Lakers know that kid is not an nba player. The competition knows he doesn’t belong. Everyone watching knows what’s happening. I wish the Lakers would just be honest and say they did LeBron a solid cause it would be cool to play with his kid. It is the most annoying sports thing I’ve ever seen.

Bronny was considered a future NBA player until he had a heart attack. Prob a gamble but I don’t think as big of one as many here believe. But who knows. Time will tell.

Reactions: JT3
Oh, I agree...loved all of those shows, especially HSB, Fall Guy, SNL...none should be mentioned in the same sentence as The Sopranos, Mad Men, Breaking Bad, and others, however.

And, ground breaking? The Sopranos is the picture attached to that concept. EVERYTHING since, nods toward it.
This is all time. That list doesnt consider all time.

This is all time. That list doesnt consider all time.
My list considered all time. While I love old movies and shows (30s-70s), and there are some of the greatest, influential, groundbreaking stuff ever made in that time; however, the greatest art made via the moving picture, has come from the LAST 40-50 years.

There is nothing before, that I have ever seen, holds a candle to True Detective or Band Of Brothers or Sopranos. Acting, storytelling, writing, direction, plot, look, feel, etc etc. Nothing. To me, Mad Men was like The Beatles...perfect. It was a perfect show, in all ways, only getting sloppy, like The Beatles, whenever it wanted to, needed to. It had something great to say overall, and I believe the world needed to hear it at that time.

You and me have a lot in common whenever it comes to music, movies, shows...I know that from references you make, gifs and quotes and such. I LOVED Hill Street Blues and The Fall Guy as a kid. And, the Braves.

That list that got posted was obviously compiled by a bunch of 20-30 year olds that have absolutely no grasp whatsoever of TV history.

Bronny was considered a future NBA player until he had a heart attack. Prob a gamble but I don’t think as big of one as many here believe. But who knows. Time will tell.
Dude was considered a potential NBA player on name alone. Doesn’t have any particular outstanding skillset. Mediocre size. Generic stats. Nothing about bronny has ever said NBA other than his dad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back